𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

"AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?" Aeryn asked Omera who was kneeling beside her. She was holding a fishing basket in the water as she tried to catch some Krills.

"Yes, you are." Omera gave her a small smile and nodded.

Aeryn smiled at Omera's answer and turned her attention back on the pond.

Earlier that morning, Aeryn found herself alone in the barn. Mando was nowhere to be found and that worried her.

Luckily, Omera brought her a tray of breakfast food and informed her where Mando went and that he was with Cara.

In that moment, Aeryn knew it was a part of the pair's plan on fighting the raiders. The plan that she wasn't really a part of. Aeryn was still a little pissed about yesterday but she tried to just let it go.

Before she even knew it, she was helping Omera and the other villagers fish for Krill.

"So, how did you and your husband meet?" Omera suddenly asked as the two of them held their baskets. The question, once again, caught Aeryn off guard.

"A-actually, he's not r-really...w-we're not really-"

"Oh! I see, I'm sorry." Omera apologized as she realized the mistake she's done since yesterday.

"No, it's okay. We get that a lot" Aeryn tried to comfort her by cracking a joke and chuckled. "We met a few days ago. Honestly, I'm not really sure how long it's been."

"You only met a few days ago but to me, it seems like you've know each other's for a very long time." Omera told her as she pulled her basket up from the water. "Don't you think that's fascinating?"

"When we met, we were both fighting for our lives." Aeryn answered, watching the fishes swiftly swim in the pond. "I think that explains it."

Omera nodded in acknowledgement and for the rest of the time, Aeryn was asking her about Krills.

Aeryn didn't want to admit it but somehow, Omera's question struck something inside her.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

"BAD NEWS. You can't live here anymore." Mando announced to the whole village as he stood in front of the barn porch.

He and Cara had just returned from their forest expedition and brought with them some news the villagers couldn't accept.

"What?"

"Why?"

"Nice bedside manner." Cara muttered to Mando as she stood beside him.

"You think you can do better?" Mando turned to look at her.

"Can't do much worse." Cara replied and took as few steps closer to the villagers. "I know this is not the news you wanted to hear but there are no other options."

"You took the job!"

"Yeah!" the villagers protested.

"That was before we knew about the AT-ST." Cara told them.