𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE FIGHT WITH THE RAIDERS and the AT-ST the previous night was no joke. There were some unexpected change of plans but luckily, Cara was there to save it.

It was now morning and Aeryn found herself helping Omera fish for Krills again. She liked Omera. To her, she was a good mother figure, a nice lady, and a great friend.

"You are learning quite fast." Omera spoke from beside Aeryn, placing her basket back into the pond.

"I think I learn from the best." Aeryn responded and flashed Omera a smile.

The young widow found Aeryn's words flattering and returned a gentle smile.

"Thank you." Omera thanked her with sincerity. "Why don't you stay here? I am certain that the whole village would be glad."

The question caught Aeryn off guard. She wasn't expecting that and she knows that Omera had a point. Aeryn knew that the decision wasn't hers to make. At least, not alone.

She knew that whatever happens, it was her and Mando. Together.

"It would be nice, really, but," Aeryn paused to look at the child in front of her. "I still have something important to do."

Omera nodded in acknowledgement and gave Aeryn a small smile. "I understand."

Mando and Cara sat in front of a hut as they both watched the now normal life in the village. He can't help but notice Aeryn as she smiled at the child watching her fish for some Krills, children running around them.

She looked happy.

They both did.

"So, what happens if you take that thing off?" Cara asked as she sat near Mando, a cup of spotchka on her hand. "They come after you and kill you?"

"No," Mando answered, watching Aeryn. "You just can't ever put it back on again."

Cara, on the other hand, had an amused look on her face.

"That's it?" she scoffed. "So, you can slip off the helmet, settle down with that beautiful partner of yours and raise your kids sitting here sipping spotchka?" she added with a sly smirk visible on her face.

"You know, we raised some hell here a few weeks back. It's too much action for a backwater town like this. Word travels fast." Mando turned to look at Cara. "You might wanna cycle the charts and move on."

"Wouldn't wanna be the one who's gotta tell them." Cara replied and turned her attention to Aeryn and the child.

"I'm leaving them here." Mando replied, looking back at Aeryn. "Travelling with me... that's no life for her nor the kid. They're safe here. Better chance at a life." he added and surprisingly, Aeryn saw him. She gave him a wide, genuine smile.

"It's gonna break his little heart." Cara answered and saw Aeryn smiling at Mando. "Especially hers."

"They'll get over it. We all do." Mando answered, giving Aeryn a nod. She, then, turned her attention back to the pond.

He was leaving, and the worst part of leaving was saying goodbye.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*

IT WAS NOW MIDNIGHT.