𝘵𝘦𝘯.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE NEXT MORNING, Mando knew he had to tell Aeryn that he was leaving. Not only that but his plan on leaving them in the village as well.

He just didn't know how.

Not after what he discovered the previous evening. Mando wasn't sure if he, Din Djarin, was truly the one Aeryn had been looking for all this time. But he knew it was a big possibility.

Aeryn, on the other hand, decided to go and play with the village children. She made sure to keep the child safe at the same time, following him every now and then.

Mando watched Aeryn and the child as they both played near the pond. He was headed to where Omera was, another pond not that far away from his companions.

Omera noticed Mando approaching and stopped what she was doing. She stood up and turned to face Mando, giving him a gentle smile.

"I need a word with you." Mando told her as they sat in front of each other's.

"I will listen." Omera replied, paying her full attention to Mando.

Mando looked at the direction to where Aeryn and the child was playing. "I think it's clear they're...they're happy here." he turned his attention back to Omera.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Me?"

"Are you happy here?" Omera asked but Mando didn't answer. "We want all of you to stay. The community is grateful. You can pack all this away in case there's ever trouble. You, Aeryn, and your boy could have a good life. You could be a family for once. Wouldn't that be nice?"

"It would." Mando replied, his voice cracking. "But I don't belong here. They do."

Omera knew that Mando's decision was final. She knew that no matter how much she tries, he wouldn't change his mind.

"I understand. I will look after them as one of my own."

"Thank you." Mando thanked her.

Then a shot was heard all throughout the village.

Mando was startled but he knew exactly what to do. "Go get the kids." he ordered Omera and she did what he told.

Mando's eyes immediately searched for Aeryn and saw that she had the child in her arms, safe. She met his eyes and Mando could tell that she was clearly worried.

Mando could only nod at her, hoping that it would help as he made his way to the woods.

Aeryn felt at ease.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

"WE HAVE TO LEAVE." Mando told Aeryn as he entered the hut they shared.

Aeryn stood up from the bed, holding the resting child safely in her arms.

"Why? What happened?" she asked.

It has been at least half an hour after the shot interrupted the whole village. Right after it happened, Aeryn thought it best to tell the whole community to stay in their huts first. They all cooperated and now, Aeryn was inside theirs.

"Bounty hunters." Mando answered, facing Aeryn's direction. "Cara was able to kill this one but they'll keep coming." he added.

"Yes," Aeryn replied and looked at the child in her arms. It was watching her. "It's not safe here for him anymore."

The child in Aeryn's arms cooed as he tried to look at Mando.

"I can't believe the bad guys are coming for you." Aeryn muttered, caressing the cheek of the child.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

MANDO AND AERYN were now loading the cargo sled. The child stood on the side of the transport, curious about what was happening around him.

The villagers watched as the pair prepared for their departure. It was heart-breaking for them to see the fighters leave.

After all, they all made a new friendship.

"Are you two sure you don't want an escort?" Cara asked as Mando and Aeryn finished loading the cargo sled.

"We appreciate the offer. But we're gonna bypass the town and head right to the Razor Crest." Mando answered, facing Cara.

"Well then." Cara offers Mando her hand. "Until our paths cross."

"Until our paths cross." Mando replied, taking her hand.

The village children all suddenly ran to Aeryn. Every single one of them and hugged her. They were only able to reach up until her abdomen but still, they kept Aeryn in their arms.

Aeryn was taken aback by the children's' action but slowly, a smile appeared on her face. She closed her eyes and tried her best to hug them all in return.

Mando, Cara, and the other villagers found the scene heart-warming. Yes, even Mando.

"We're gonna miss you." a child told her as they all kept hugging her tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you all too." Aeryn replied.

They all stayed like that for a while until one of the children, Winta, broke from the hug. She made her way towards where the child was and hugged him tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you." she whispered. "So much."

Mando, Aeryn, and the child all rode the cargo sled as they watched the whole village behind them. They were all waving at the fighters.

Aeryn found Omera's kind eyes, watching her. The young widow, then, nodded at her. A small, genuine smile appeared on Aeryn's lips and she nodded back.

Mando, on the other hand, just observed Aeryn and the child.

Looking at them, he realized something. Something that made him realize that if he left them, he would have regretted it.

I could never let them go.

I could never let her go.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

hi there, beautiful creatures!

thank you for reading this chapter! i just want you guys to know that i truly enjoy reading your comments!!😄 they keep me inspired and all so, thank you! stay safe ❤

P.S. i made a new cover! do you guys like this one better or should i switch it back to the original one? i would love to know your thoughts!😄

-𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫