4| Yes or Yes

Started writing on 4th May 2020.
Completed on 5 May 2020.
Word count : 1899 words

_____________________________

(Ayaan reached the place of meet-up, originally a café. )

– A Y A A N –

Huh!

What the hell is this?

I was on a blind date.

I'm sure my answer would be a big no.

But what if the girl is clingy? No! Just go with it Ayaan. It's only a date. I can't be scared by a girl.

Just straightforwardly say— no, I'm not ready.

A cafe! Whose choice would it be to choose a cafe as a dating place? Who cares? Just bear with it.

While roaming my gaze around, I saw Divya sitting on one of the tables. What was Divya doing here? Was she here to spy on me? Or, does she want to tease me that I'm tied being into a business marriage?

"Excuse me. You're Ayaan Chauhan, right." A girl asked. Oh, she's the one. The enemy of my happy life. With the attitude level by which she is sitting, I can clearly say that she's not my type. "I'm Preeti. May I ask you something?"

"Okay!" I said. What did she want to ask?

"Actually, I'm twenty five and I think it's high time to marry someone and settle down. I just wanted to know a few things about you. Like your hobbies, and if you had any girlfriends or not. Majorly, things like this." She said and I nodded.

Want to interfere in my life? Now I'll let you know what I am! "Okay... You already know that I'm Ayaan. After completing my schooling, I went to States and then completed my studies there."

"Oh, I also completed my studies in States. Where did you live at that time?" She asked and I mentally banged my head on wall. What was the need to share this?

"I think, that's of no use now. It's all past. As for girlfriends, I had many, in count twenty-five."

"Truly speaking," She leaned towards me and mumbled, "I had some boyfriends too. I think we have same type of personality. We're really compatible and I assume that we are made for each other. For me it's a yes." She said, being clingy.

Shit!

And, I thought that girls like men who remained single, waiting for their spouses.

What should I do now?

Yes, I should say it. "Look, I'm a person who drinks a lot. And, I also smoke, at least twice a day. You should think about it once more. It's the question of your life."

"Ohh... I don't have any problem. Actually, I drink too. Now that you've opened up your mind, I think I really like you. Atleast you're not hiding anything from me."

My goodness! What's with her? So clingy, as I expected.

What should I do?

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before speaking further. "I have a girlfriend. And, we really love each other. I hope you would understand." I hoped that saying this plus my pitied face would make her back up.

"Can I meet her?" She asked.

What?

Now where will I find a girlfriend?