𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

WAS IT WRONG?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

STARCROSSED (book one)

°• INTRODUCTION •°

" I CAN FEEL YOUR
HEART BEATING. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

THE FIRST TIME STEVE HARRINGTON KISSED ELIJAH WOLFHART, HE DOESN'T THINK EITHER OF THEM COULD GET ENOUGH. Maybe it was a mistake. The boys had been best friends since they were in diapers. With Steve's parents busy and distant, he spent nearly every day at the Wolfhart household seeing as their parents befriended one another years before. Elijah was shy at the time, fiddling with a firetruck toy painted a flashy bright red that Steve nosily peered at closer until he shared. He faintly smiled, chubby cheeks filling. He made a friend and that tasted even better than the sweet candies Steve would sneak him at the dinner table that he swiped from a dish on his father's work desk.

The second best flavor that ever danced across Elijah's tastebuds was the savoring taste of mint that appeared the second their lips touched. Maybe it was a mistake, but it wasn't really an accident. They had pulled the bar under their car's seats to lean back as far as they could to see the overly large theater screen at the drive-in. Elijah mostly preferred laying back on the roof of Steve's car and staring at the sky, watching the dots of stars flicker like Christmas tree lights but this was nice too. They were laughing together, Steve propped to balance himself on his elbow over the leather seat, eyes locked on Elijah's.

Elijah didn't even know what was going on across the screen - something about a crazed lady with her blond hair straying free of a bun, frizzy, getting caught in branches of trees through the woods. She must have been running from something but all Elijah could see was Steve's hair brushed back that he always insisted look dumb, all he could hear was his breathless laughs, all he could smell was the laundry detergent staining his jean jacket, and soon all he could taste was sweet mint when Steve closed the wide gap between them.

He was brave. Braver than Elijah. They weren't completely out of view of the clear car windows but Elijah suddenly didn't care. Steve realizes something was off when he feels how tense the other is underneath the pressure of him because he's obviously shocked by the sudden kiss. He starts to move away but doesn't get far when Elijah feels as courageous as he does. He suddenly didn't care at all if anyone recognized the car's model and peered through the windows. He decided to shoot forward and curl his fingers tightly into Steve's stupid hair before he can pull off and apologize. Someone could have taken a picture and he wouldn't have given a damn - the world around Elijah and Steve would have been black and white. They would have been in flying colors.