Monster-Part 2

Keefe stood in front of the cell, still reeling from the events of that morning.

It was currently 1:15 pm on a Saturday. If he was at home right now, instead of doing this, he would probably be in the kitchen, making pancakes for he and Ro to enjoy and plotting his next prank against his dorm-mates in the Silver Towers, or brushing his long luxurious locks before putting them in a man-bun to protect his mane from any split ends.

Instead, he was dressed up in a flameproof robe with an entire arsenal of various weapons in his pockets while watching Mr. Forkle strut around like a drill sergeant making battle plans. Not the ideal Saturday brunch he would have planned.

So yeah, excuse him if he was a little cranky.

They had already gone over the plan what felt like a trillion times. They had all of their goblin and ogre bodyguards stationed outside of the room as the first line of defense. Linh and Marella would be hiding behind the two side pillars, waiting to blast Sophie with water and fire at the same time, synchronized thanks to the specialized training they had undergone to help them work as a team. Biana would be located on the platform above, completely invisible with a rope from Dex that was supposed to be "Sophie-proof", waiting to tie her up while she was preoccupied with Linh and Marella. Wylie was standing with Mr. Forkle, Dex, Fitz, Tam, and Jensi as the third line of defense if Sophie escaped the ropes.

And last but not least, Keefe was standing directly in front of the cell that was currently housing the last 3 remaining Neverseen members, the last line of defense against Sophie.

Even though he was by far the physically strongest member of the group (the rest of his friends had been slacking on their workouts), Mr. Forkle felt that his abilities as an Empath would be better suited when Sophie was "incapacitated".

Besides, everyone knew he would never hurt Sophie anyway.

Keefe was fine with the plan, though he didn't think it would hold Sophie off based on the accounts from Ruy and Gisela, he figured it was the best they could have come up with. There was one thing that pissed him off though.

"Why the heck are you guys just sitting up there watching like this is a game of base quest! We aren't here for your entertainment!" Keefe said, gesturing upwards towards the council on the platform next to Biana. "I can understand why Bronte would want to stay, he's the only other Inflictor, and Oralie is Sophie's mom, but all of the rest of you don't really have an excuse, considering you didn't allow Grady and Edaline to come!" He said, annoyed.

The council was silent, every member but Bronte and Oralie looking guilty and refusing to meet Keefe's eyes.

"Well, I can't say I wasn't intrigued by the prospect of getting to see Ms. Foster's full potential, she had already impressed me countless times with just a fraction of her powers when she was barely a teenager." Emery said thoughtfully. "Now she's all grown up, and I can't even imagine how powerful she's become now that she's matured. She could already be considered the most powerful elf our world has ever seen when she barely had any control over her her telepathy, but now.." he trailed off, everyone else filling in the blanks.

Dex snorted. "Of course you're interested in her powers, you were one of the ones who voted for her to be hooked up to the ability restrictor, you made me make something that would hurt her because she was "too powerful"." He said scornfully.

Emery's head whipped towards Dex, his cheeks flaming as he tried to explain himself.

"W-while the things you are saying are correct, I never intended to hurt her, I just wanted to protect her from hurting herself and others, I didn't want her to do something she'd regret and fall victim to her own guilt."