Heart to Heart

Anais' pov
After Angel and Nifty talked to me about my 'small crush' I explored around the hotel, it has been a while since I've been in there.

I look at some of the walls as there were some portraits displayed. I see one with Charlie, Alastor, and the twins. I looked at it closely and notice Charlie looked awkward and the twins looked neutral.

I continue on my adventure and see Al walking out of his and Charlie's room. "Ah, I was wondering where you were!" His voice sounded cheery, I looked at him and nod.

We stood there in silence for a bit, "Why did you even agree to go to heaven with my mother? Everyone up there is judge mental." My father said a bit sarcastically.

"I don't belong here." I tell him, he looked at me and raised a brow. "You do, you're like me. 'Like father, like daughter'." He said.

I blinked a couple of times, "Father, you and I are not alike. I'm not saying I'm like Mimzy, my mother, but we just don't act alike." I responded to his statement.

He sighed, "You just think you're good because you have that golden ring on top of your head." He flicked my halo that did only rotate, I stoped it from rotating more.

"One day you will end up here forever." My father said before walking away. I turned around and furrowed my eyebrows. I sighed and closed my eyes, "Well that didn't go well." I tell myself, I frowned.

"Does he hate that I'm an angel?" I asked myself, "Nah, he's just jealous." I hear a voice say in front of me. I opened my eyes and see Jack.

"Hey." He waved with a confident smile, I smiled and waved back. "I heard what happened, you okay?" He asked with genuine worry and curiosity. I sighed and nod, "Just him being him." I responded with my head hung down.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, patting it. "It'll get better, I wasn't close with my father either, well... I was but you know, shit happens." Jack reassures me, I smiled and nod.

"I hope so." I quietly say, "Are you going to do anything tonight?" Jack asked me, cutting the 3 millisecond silence. I shook my head, "Besides sleeping, no not really." I responded.

"Well, I was thinking of you wanted to maybe hang out?" He asked, I thought for exactly one millisecond and quickly nod, "Yes." I smiled, internally cringing.

"Good, well I gotta go for now. I'll see you later tonight." Jack said to me before walking away, I smiled and feel my cheeks get warm.

Curse my hormones! I say to myself in my head, I shake my head and continue on my adventure. I was going to find something to keep myself busy so time skips ahead.

After a three hours I was on the roof top singing and dancing to my favorite song: Call Me by Kali Uchis

I was ahead of tile unlike my father, some souls loved their old life, some like being on time or ahead of time. I was the one who wanted to be on time with things.

I flutter my wings, and lay down on the small patch of flowers I had made to make myself comfortable. I wished that flowers lived in hell, it always made me more comfortable.

I hear someone come ourside, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you where here." It was Charlie, "Oh no, go ahead. I'm just laying on the flowers and listening to music. You can stay if you want?" She looked at me and smiled.

She thanked me and sat down on a chair, she was reading a book. "How are you enjoying your stay?" She asked, I smile..shamelessly thinking about Jack. "Good."

"Oh? How so?" She asked me with a slight chuckle, I could tell she was surprised that I was enjoying my stay. "No reason...." I trailed off, Charlie only chuckled and continued reading.

We both stayed there for a few minutes, sometimes  one of us engaged a conversation.

"The whole wedding was..red?" I asked again surprised, she nods. "Your father loves red, sometimes more than he loves me." She joked, we both laugh.

"I'm sure he loves you." I reassure her, she looked at me and a smile formed. "I know he does." Her head hanged low, a small smile crept on her face.

"Do you even like wearing dresses?" I asked her, she thought about it for a moment. "Sometimes." She tells me, "oh." I respond, we continue talking about other things.

Like how the hotel was doing, were demons coming in? How have you been? How did Jack end up in the hotel? Stuff like that.

Charlie seems to have notice my voice changed every time I mentioned Jack, she then asked me, "Do you like Jack?" I looked at her with bright red cheeks and a nervous smile.

I shake nod and tried saying something, "N-no of-of cour-course no-not!" I stuttered, she smiled and nods. "Are demons and angels allowed to be together?" She asked me.

I look at her and shrug, "Not sure." I thought about it even after leaving to get myself ready to meet Jack.

I thought about it in he showed, when I was changing, and when I opened the door to meet my eyes with Jack.