Part 3.3

y/n pov

Taehyung sighed deeply while looking at the picture of Soon in the frame on the shelf

    'well, Soon wasn't my biological son. but I raised him. My sister was his mother. She was always a loose canon, I mean she slept around a lot. She accidentally got pregnant but she really didn't want to be. We took her in, cared for her throughout her pregnancy. The week after Soon was born she had vanished but left Soon with us. We eventually traced her to America after months but it was clear she didn't want to have anything to do with Soon or with us. Thus, I took him in and raised him as my own'

I saw how Taehyung teared up, he hardly showed emotions like this and I took his hand.

  'I am sorry'
   'It's uhm....., what did you do the past 8 months?'

Taehyung quickly changed the subject. 

I wanted to tell him about Jungkook. I really did but a part of me was scared to do so, so my cowardly self decided to talk about something else first

    'so uhm I was your replacement while you were gone. I helped Yoongi a lot with the business. mainly administrative. I don't know if Yoongi told you?'

Taehyungs face changed into some surprise and a bit of smirk

    'no he didn't yet but I guess that makes sense in a way, how did you like the mafia world' 

    'it uhm was interesting'

I heard Taehyungs stomach rumble

   'you should eat'
   'I am fine' 

   'I uhm am tired anyways so you should eat something with Yoongi'

his faced changed

   'okay then' he kissed me on the forehead and left.

I knew I would tell him about kook as soon as he got back.

I was sleeping lightly, like having a nap when I heard a knock on the door.

   'yes come in' I said expecting Taehyung to be back but instead Jungkook walked in

   'Jungkook hey' 

It was somewhat awkward because the last time I actually spoke to him was that morning after the night we made love again, a week ago.

   'how are you doing?' he asked

   'I uhm am fine' I said, I quickly asked something else not wanting to go into detail, because I wasn't fine at all.

   'how did you even know where I was?' I asked curious
   'the book'

   'that really was a brilliant idea'
   'it was Namjoons idea' 
   'yeah I didn't expect you to be so brilliant' I joked and Jungkook chuckled

He leaned closer 
   'I am happy you are joking but how are you really doing y/n?'

He could read me well, I broke the eye contact and swallowed. I had waved away every thought about what happened so far. Images circulating in my mind and I felt my eyes filling with tears.  
    'It was really horrible, but I am here now. I am just scared because Kai escaped, again'

Jungkook leaned even closer, caressing my face

    'I promise I will do everything in my power to protect you'

my cheeks flustered and I didn't know what to say.

    'I uhm'

I sighed deeply