chapter XVIII ༄

So shame on me

| I knew you were trouble-Taylor Swift

It was Thursday, meaning the day Julia decided to attend Slughorn's party

It was Thursday, meaning the day Julia decided to attend Slughorn's party. She wanted to make Tom feel the same way she felt yesterday, though Julia wasn't the type to get revenge on someone. Yet, this time she felt like she had to.

She left the common room, heading to Transfiguration class, where Dumbledore was happily waiting for the students to arrive. Julia was the first one, but she didn't mind. She liked the old man.

"Good morning, professor!" she sat down in the third row, placing her books on the table.

"Why good morning, Miss. Wallis! How are you?" Dumbledore squeezed his small eyes, making them even smaller.

"I'm just fine, thank you. What about you, professor?"

"I'm better than ever." the old man leaned against his table, sighing. "Are you getting ready for the NEWTs?"

"Yes. For that matter, I am actually planning to bring some books to my brother's place, if that's alright."

"Oh, I see. But, I understand you want to study during the holidays, is that right?"

Julia nodded, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, sir. Is there a problem?"

"There isn't. I am just saying... you shouldn't spend Christmas studying. I think you can skip one week now, can't you?"

"What are you trying to say, professor?"

"That you should enjoy the holidays. Focus on the good things during this time. After all, Christmas is only once a year. Am I correct?"

Julia frowned. Does Dumbledore know about what happened between me and Tom?

Julia slowly nodded, looking away. He said that she should focus on the good things. Revenge isn't good, it is rather thirst for justice. 

The class was already filled with students. Longbottom took the chance to sit beside Julia, pushing Pandora out of his way.

"Hey, Lia!" Longbottom smiled.

"Hi Gerald! How are you?"

"I feel amazing! And you?"

"I'm good, thanks."

"Hey uh.. do you have any plans for today?"

"I actually do. Why?"

"Well uh, I wanted to ask if you would like to come hang out with me?"

"Oh.. sorry, but I don't think I can."

"Please? What's so important that you have to go?"