THIRTY-FIVE

35 | I PUT A SPELL ON YOU

HALLOWEEN was officially over and it was now the first day of November. Normally, Winter would be rejoicing at this and beginning her Christmas and winter preparations, but this time was different.

Because this time she was far to focused on Jay to truly get into her usual jolly spirit. Carlos had been hoping that with a night of good night sleep, Winter and Jay would be miraculously back to themselves. However, he now saw how farfetched that hope is because today Winter was only loonier than before.

The only difference between today and last night is that Winter is now far more articulate. Despite this, her thoughts were still riding the crazy train.

"EIMO, DAMA, SAYTO, MUNDO!"

Carlos was watching with a slack jaw as Winter walked around their dorm room burning sage and screaming phrases in Latin like a lunatic. Jay was casually lounging on his bed with his hands resting behind his head, watching her with a smile as though this were normal.

Carlos could not even be sure where Winter got the sage from, but he was pretty sure she had Jay grab it for her while Carlos had been in the shower. But then that brought the question of where Jay had gotten it from.

"What the hell are you doing?" Carlos finally yelled over the screaming causing Winter to stop and face Carlos.

She quirked a brow, holding up the burning sage as though it were obvious. "I am cleansing your room, it's full of nasty energy..."

Jay pointed to Winter at her words with a nod.

Carlos truly did not know want to say. Yes, he may have not known Winter that well, but he knew her well enough that he realized this was definitely not her normal behavior. Like at all.

How wrong had Jay made that damn love spell?

He nor Jay knew magic, so it stands to reason that they probably screwed up the spell somehow. It certainly seemed like it by how Winter was acting, but then again, it could just be from how much she was exposed to.

"What do you mean—?" Carlos was cut off by Winter.

"I mean I need a friggin' bell!" She exclaimed.

In moments, Winter twirled her hands and a cowbell made entirely of sleek ice form in her hand. Carlos's eyes widened in shock, the boy at a loss for words. He had never seen Winter use her magic so openly before. Nor had he ever seen her with her gloves off, something that he was just now taking account of .

Without warning, Winter started ringing the bell and screaming the words, "EIMO, DAMA, SAYTO, MUNDO!"

Carlos was forced to cover his ears from the loud noise erupting in his room, and he had no doubt that the entire hall could hear them. He realized then that there was no way this spell would be wearing off by Sunday. Looking back on it, Carlos understood just how idiotic his suggestion of not going to Mal was.