Chapter 69

When Northern Packs started arriving at Sea Claw Packhouse, Krey was surprised by the warm presence of others. Two Northern Alpha's shook his hand as they entered. The Delta's and Omega's of other packs lowered their heads at him. So far, nobody had given him dirty looks like he expected. Krey had their respect for the first time.

"So the Bedlam Pack have taken your home, Krey Graymer?" asked the Alpha of the Eastly Howl Pack. Her Beta had tried to kill her that morning. She was lucky to still be standing after narrowly missing a knife to the throat.

"Yes. I want it back."

"We want you to get it back. This will be one satisfying win." She turned away from Krey and spoke frank with another Alpha.

All Alpha's were territorial of even the space around them. Connecting with something common was strange. Alpha's usually met to discuss security or pack numbers, or money. Now they were meeting to fight the Bedlam Pack, who planted traitor Beta's in almost every Northern Pack. Beta's were wolves Alpha's trusted the most in a pack. Betrayal was thick in the air.

Krey looked around at each Alpha. Their mates stood close. Krey was missing Pip's encouraging smile and round curious eyes. Please be somewhere safe and warm, he thought.

Krey stood with his mother when he found her looking at all the mates and biting down her sorrow. Krey felt bad for her, so he pulled on a chain around his neck and dangled a key in front of her.

Makena inspected the key with growing eyes. "Your dad's office Key!" she gasped. "Why do you have it here?"

Krey looked around to see if anyone was paying them any attention. Only Francis connected their gaze, but Krey didn't mind her overhearing. "I wanted it close until I was ready to look inside the office."

Makena touched her own necklace that held a ring to her chest, her mates wedding ring. "When we're settled, and if they haven't broken into the office already, we'll look together one day soon."

Krey nodded, liking the idea of a more positive future. He just had to survive the fighting, and Pip had to not get caught.

Over the course of an hour, almost six northern packs arrived at Sea Claw Packhouse. Two arrived with dead Alpha's and dead traitor Beta's. The Delta wolves in charge were like deer's in headlights, way out of their depth.

Francis did all she could to welcome them in, and talk to them all about their circumstances, then offer some words of encouragement. She was the only Beta wolf in the building, so wolves were rather suspicious of her until Krey yelled at them about how Francis had only just been assigned his Beta wolf.

The main theme of the room was deep sadness. Many had lost those important to them. Krey had seen many tears from mates who had lost their Alphas.

When wolves had spoken, expressed their anger, their sadness, and reassured the deaths would be avenged, they all turned to Krey for the plan.

"May I suggest we charge full force, so they don't see what's coming?" asked an Alpha, best known for his ability to look like he stepped out of the early twentieth century. His Packhouse looked untouched from 100 years ago. Krey remembered all the candles lighting the rooms when he last visited.

"I like that idea," Viktor's mate said from the doorway. Her sunken eyes were red raw from crying. Her mouth still trembled like the sadness embedded into her muscles. "Kill them all before they have a chance to take a breath."

A few wolves agreed aloud, then they all looked back to Krey.

"You don't mind blood split all over your house, do you?" the Alpha of the Eastly Howl Pack asked.