Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠

There's no way I can save you,
'Cause I need to be saved, too;
I'm no good at goodbyes.

Goodbyes - Post Malone

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

L U C A S' S P O V

I was so frustrated with what Grace had done to me, that it came out as the bitterness I showed towards her, as I left home. Thinking maybe, eventually, she'll come back to her senses.

I wanted to hurt her as much as she hurt me, so I told her never to show me her face again.

Of course, I didn't mean that.

I also lied about sleeping with Katie. I'm not some asshole to sleep with another girl just after I had the most painful breakup with my girlfriend.

I knew there was a reason why Grace was being such a bitch and was breaking up with me for no fucking reason. But I was not going to give up on her just like that. I just needed some time to think about the whole situation calmly before I talked her out of this stupid as fuck idea of breaking up.

I push past the drunk people and go inside, and as usual, girls start throwing themselves at me, even after they knew I have a girlfriend. Ex-girlfriend. I remind myself.

Well technically, she is still my girlfriend because no one knew about my breakup, yet.

I walk directly towards the bar and start drinking so recklessly that I lose count. After what feels like hours of sitting alone, a hand taps on my shoulder making me turn around to see Chloe standing there, smiling at me.

How fucking dare she come here and show her face to me? This all fucking happened because of her in the first place.

"How dare you?" I say grabbing her hand and she winces, "Ouch, what do you mean?"

"You told Grace about the kiss, didn't you? Then why the fuck didn't you tell her it was you who kissed me." I shout, grabbing the attention of the crowd.

Tyler comes to me, "What are you doing, man? Let her go. You're a hell lot drunk. Don't make a scene."

"I'm making a scene? Ask this bitch what she did." I yell at him.

Chloe then says with a small cry, "I didn't tell her anything. I swear. I don't know how she found out."

Matt comes to me with Sam by her side and asks, "What happened?"

"Rachel broke up with me." My voice breaks, as the people around us gasp in shock. I give them a sharp glare and soon the loud music turns off, as Tyler asks everyone to clear out.

I sit on the couch with my hands holding my head and Tyler, Matt, Sam, and Chloe sit across from me, waiting for me to speak.

"What happened?" It's Sam who asks me first and I finally speak, "Rachel broke up with me."

"But why?" Sam asks. "I thought everything was going fine between you two. What happened all of a sudden?"

"Because Chloe kissed me."