Chapter 13- I like me better when I'm with you

There's been a couple times
That I fell in love,
But a couple of times just
Ain't enough.
I guess I was scared of who
I was, before love.
But now that I found it again
Finding myself in the wreckage,
Wondering where I've been,
Guess you're my only blemish.

                                         - Sasha Sloan

For this chapter,listen to smiling when I die by Sasha Sloan.

"So, you wanna have lunch with me?" He asked, his hands not leaving mine.

"Yeah sure, where we eating from?" I replied.

"You know what, I've got something better in mind. We shall order food from there."

"Uhm, ok." I answered confused.

He looked around my room and spotted my guitar on the other side of my bed.

"You play guitar?"

"Yeah, but not as much as a piano. I just need to save more money and get one." I answered with a frown.

He stood up and reached for my hands, forcing me to stand up too. "Let's go somewhere more fun and relaxing. Carry your guitar too."

We both smiled. I carried my guitar and fixed my phone inside the pockets of my jeans and headed downstairs. I put on my shoes as we got out of the front door, locked it, then walked to Yosef's car.

Sitting on the passenger's seat, I placed my guitar at the back. He started the car when I made myself comfortable. I looked out the window, not knowing what to talk about with Yosef.

A lot was happening in my life. Everything was moving so fast. Before I could comprehend my thoughts, Yosef's hand on my hips brought me back to reality.

"What are you thinking about, babe?" His eyes didn't leave the road.

I smiled when he called me babe. It felt good when someone you loved called you that. It was the best feeling ever. I placed my hands on top of his and held it tight.

"I'm thinking about us. Everything moves so fast. I didn't expect you to ask me out...ever. You always seemed so hard to get."

"Me? Hard to get? It's you babe. I always showed you how much you mean to me, but you played hard to get." He chuckled giving me a glance before he could look back at the road.

"Well, I'm glad dreams do come true."

He stopped his car for a second and looked back at me. "I love you Xhey, and I'm ready to do whatever makes you happy. You're my reason to live. Trust me on this, ok."

I gave him an intent look and shook my head in acceptance.

"You want this ride to be more fun?" He asked.

"Uhm, Yeah?"

He started his engine and continued the journey. I got confused at what he meant by that. But after what seemed like fifteen minutes, the road was clear and looked deserted.

"Put your seatbelt on."

I did what he told  me and looked back at him.