Episode 3-3: Contracts Have Consequences

As soon as the bell ring, everyone scurried through the halls heading straight to the board to see the list of the top 50.

"Is my name in the top 50!?" Grim shrills hopping to the floor with anticipation.

"I've gotta be in the top 50 if I got an average of above 90 right!?" Ace shouts with eyes filled with suspense.

"Top 10, top 20...I-I'm not there! 48, 49, 50th...Nope, my name isn't there at all!!" Grim cries.

"M-My name isn't there either..." Deuce mutters in disappointment. Glory stood there with a sweatdrop dripping down from her head with a deadpan look.

Okay this is definitely Azul's doing 100%! No doubt about it! I mean come on! 30 people get perfect scores on their exams? Really Azul!? This is your alternative plan to get me begging on your knees?

Glory thought while she's ranting in the back of her mind.

"Hold up a sec. On the top score list they've written everyone's total scores next to their names...The top 30 people all got a perfect score of 500!" Ace shrills.

"A p-perfect score!?" Deuce and Grim shrieks.

"Is it even possible for 30 people to get a perfect score?" Glory ask skeptically.

"More than that...If I'm not in the top 50 I'm 'breaking contract'!" Grim exclaims causing Glory to widen her eyes and glance at Grim.

"Wait what?" Glory baffles with widen eyes when he mentioned 'Contract'.

"Eh..."Contract", Grim did you..." Ace utters making Glory furrows her brows dumbfounded by what she's hearing.

They did not...

"Ace, that face, did you..." Deuce tries to ask Ace and Grim, but Glory beats him to it.

"You guys signed a contract by Azul haven't you?" Glory ask directly getting straight to the point.

"Eeh!? You knew!?" They shrilled as a white poof appeared out of thin air as anemones sprout from their heads.

"What the f#*k!?" Glory curses with her grey eyes widen by what she has seen and the trio start to freak out.

"Ffgna!? Wh-What the hell is this?! There's an anemone coming out of my head!" Grim shrieks.

"G-Grim, you made a contract with him too!? You coward!" Deuce scolds at him.

"Says the one who signed a contract with that shady bastard." Glory bluntly retorts with a blank look.

"She's right! You've got one growing out of your head too!" Ace shouts.

"I'll pull this thing right out...Owowowow, I can't get it off!" Grim whines.

"Hang on second! How come you don't have an anemone on your head!?" Deuce shrieks.

"Yeah! You're not in the top 50!" Ace points out.

"Cuz I'm not stupid enough to sign a contract with Azul in the first place." Glory directly told them straight up with a blank look.

"Beside, I told you that in a minute ago at the halls, Deuce." She told Deuce.

And I learned the contracts from The Little Mermaid. Thanks god that I watched that movie.

Glory thought before letting out a sigh.

"You guys can be idiots sometimes. Don't know contracts have consequences? And really Deuce? I can't believe you would agree to sign a contract with that two-faced dorm head without any common sense...." She mutters shaking her head at him making the trio flinch and sulk.

"S-Sorry." They apologizes with guilty looks.

"I came over to see what all the fuss is about, but it's just you guys. What're you doing?" Jack ask.

"Oh hey Jack." Glory greets him.

"Jack, did you make a contract...but you don't have an anemone!?" Deuce mutters.

"Despite your looks do you actually take your studies seriously!?" Ace shrills.

"You guys are not comforting him at all." Glory remarks.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Actually, what's that on your head?" Jack ask curiously.

"Well, you see...Ffgna!? What now!?" Grim shrieks when the anemone suddenly starts to sprout from his head.

"I'm being pulled by my head by the anemone!" Grim shrieks.

"Owowowow! It's gonna pull my head off!" Ace winces.

"Sh#t, is this what he meant by 'absolute obedience'..." He whimpers.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!" They all shrieked as the trio were dragged out by the anemones leaving Glory and Jack alone.

"The hell? They looked like they were being pulled along by the anemone on their heads. They all look like idiots." Jack remarks looking a bit freaked out.

"Well if like to know, Jack. Those three stooges signed a contract with Octavinelle's swindling little sh#t of a dorm head himself because they want to have a good score on their exams." Glory explains.

"Aah that explains the anemones then." He understood and Glory grins.

"And since we're the only ones who didn't sign the contract, I'd say we should chase after them and find out what's going on." She suggests.

"Huh? Why me? This doesn't involve me at all." Jack bluntly retorts, but Glory crept a smirk and curls her brows.

"Oh? Is Savanaclaw's first year Jack Howl a scaredy-cat?~" She teases irking the young wolf.

"Who are you calling a scaredy-cat?" Jack ask curtly, but want fazed by his intimidating gaze and shrugs.

"Oh come now. Is that how you talk to a friend like that? Besides, we did help you out with that sticky situation you were at your dorm. Plus, it's your turn to help me, so it's a win-win wolfie." Glory reassures with a sassy smirk. Jack has no words other then scoffing at her and scratching his head.

"...You've gotten pretty used to how things work at this school. Can't be helped. I'll tag along with you for a bit, but don't call me 'Wolfie' while we're at it got it? I'm just a bit curious about the cause of this. It's not for them at all, ya hear? Don't get the wrong idea." Jack informs with Glory grinning and raise a thumbs up.

"Right back at cha, bud. Now let's go." Glory said as she and Jack follow after the idiot trio to the hall of mirrors.
———————

Meanwhile at the infirmary, Merlin is at his desk watching the entire scene from his crystal ball shaking his head letting out a sigh.

My my, this tale is not gonna end well....

He thought as he glance back at his student following the trio along with Jack. Though distressed, Merlin smiles softly nevertheless.

"Aah well. Let's see how this underwater tale unfolds. Good luck Sundrop along with you Howl. Keep a good eye on my sundrop." He murmurs as he continues watching them strolling their way to the hall of mirrors where their chilling adventure awaits.