Chapter 21

"Bye Sejie!" Eunwoo shouted, he's already so far away, waving his hands proudly as Minnie and the other girls pushed him aside to wave back at me. I smiled and said bye to them.

When they turned and disappeared in the corridor my attention went back to the boy standing infront of me.

"Oh." I wasn't aware that he was already holding my bag when he lift his hand and swaying the bag lightly, the small steel bells of my bag chains made a soft sound.

"I got your stuff too."

"Can we talk?" I asked. He swiftly hung my bag on his shoulder with his bag on his other shoulder. He looked at my face, trying to read my mind then he nodded.

I smiled and looked around to find a small area for us to talk, there were still a few students inside, some are chatting in the hallway. I'm still troubled on where we can have some space when he pulled my hand and firmly lead me to the far corners of the corridor. Their room was now empty but is still open, some students were passing outside but they hardly care enough to peek.

He pulled out one seat for me, I thanked him and sat placing both my hands on top of the desk, fondling my thumb as my mind is organizing how I'll talk to him.

He carried one chair and placed it at the opposite side of me. He sat down, placing our bags on the desk besides us.

"What is it Sejeong-ah?" I straightened my back and hid my hands under the desk. He on the other hand leaned closer to the desk, with his hands rested on the area where I placed mine earlier.

"It's about what happened last night." I started. He nodded slowly as if he already expected that.

"I'm not sure about of course of action Sehunie. Creating a company is no fun and games, it's terrifying and difficult. Maybe we can talk to our parents to just forget about it." He went silent, his eyes run down to my throat that was gulping irregularly for quite some time. Unconsciously I placed my hand on my blouse, trying to lift it up to cover my throat.

He noticed and his eyes went back to mine. A small smile appeared on his lips.

"Then, would you want to marry me?" My heart shut up to my throat. For a second I stopped breathing, I calmed myself inside still trying to maintain the contact of our eyes.

"I'm not sure." I stuttered slightly trying to say the words right. "But if we really marry each other... I see no problem with it. We can just act normally, it's just for the sake of the company." My pacing sped up as I try to explain.

"It would benefit u-."

"Then I don't want that." My eyebrows met at the middle, confused by what he meant. I heard him exhale heavily.

"I don't want to lock you up in this kind of marriage. I like you, but I don't want you to marry me because it would benefit the company or our families." The way he spoke felt like I was talking to someone my age, for a second I didn't see him as a little kid but someone that's matured enough to...really take on the real cruel world.

It was my turn to fall silent, I don't know what to say again. My mind completely went blank.

"If you're worried that I may lose the deal, then I'll tell you honestly that I still have no clue where to start." He stopped. He lift his hand and touched my shoulder, sliding down to my elbow and he pulled my hand to envelope it. His grip tightened.

"I still have a lot of things to learn, I'm still not capable." A sad smile flashed through his face. "But can you please put your trust in me?"

"Please?" It's as if a small cut was made in my chest causing a sharp pain inside. His eyes never broke its gaze from mine, flashing his emotions openly without reservations.

"I can win. I'll let you marry the man you love, I want you to marry for love, not for money. I want you to freely love someone, even if it's not going to be me... I'll be fine." His voice cracked, his eyes glistened as his hand carressed mine. "I'll let you have freedom." My chest felt suffocated, it's like it's being squeezed into a pulp.

This man, he's supposed to hate me yet he's saying he would give me freedom. He wants me to freely like someone even if it means not choosing him.

I breathed in deeply and slowly exhale through my pursed lips.

Okay, I've decided.

"We, Sehunie. It's not just you in this fight, I am here too. If you really want to do this, then I guess I have no other alternatives." My other hand covered his hand, hoping we wouldn't mind how it's starting to heat up his hand.

His eyes lit up as his thin lips parted.

"It's won't be easy, we'll have to face difficulties. I guess that would be okay if we work together. I trust you."

"I trust you the most Sehunie." Right then I never expected a small crystal like tear to roll on his cheeks. My eyes flinched, this is my first time seeing him shed a tear, watching him made the corner of my eyes moist.

He is not the scary protagonist in the novel, he's just a boy. A boy that's ready to receive pain as long as the one he likes is receiving love.

He smiled and looked down, his hand is shaking lightly, his back shuddering. In reflex my hand went to his back, I leaned in and pat his back.

"Yah, you're a crybaby?" I laughed. My vision got blurry, I looked up trying to force the tears back in the tear ducts. That immediately backfired when the moment I blinked more tears came rolling down.  I pressed my lips together, getting a hold of my mouth to not produce any sound, my shoulders shuddered.

Why am I crying so much?!

My hands quickly tried to wipe away the tears rolling down continuously. As I wipe it clean, another tear comes rolling down. A small sound escaped from my lips, I covered my mouth and looked down.

I saw him moving, his hands cupped my face and lift it to face him. Taken back, I moved back but his other hand slid behind my neck, stopping me. I closed my eyes.

His slender thumb wiped away my tears.

"You just called me a crybaby yet look who's crying so hard she can't stop her tears from falling." Amusement is evident on his voice. I resisted and tried to pull my head. I opened my eyes and was about to push his hands away when I was stopped midway when I felt his soft lips landed on my left cheek. I could feel his breathing near my ear, everytime he breathed, a ticklish current ran through my entire body.

My hands dropped to my side, my legs trembled as this familiar feeling in my tummy started again.

Is this what you call the 'butterflies'?