9.

Emma's POV

Nate gave me one of his shirts to throw on and a pair of shorts Claire and I both decided to throw in Scott's car incase we wanted to change before the concert from yesterday; thank god we did. We were going to drive around until we saw a perfect little diner to have lunch at. It was about eleven thirty by now, even though it felt like eight in the morning.

When we walked into the diner, we were greeted by a few fans who remembered Nate from the concert.

There was one thing I didn't exactly expect to happen. In movies, although unrealistic, when a famous date is seen by fans and bombarded, they usually get caught up with them and with taking pictures. Instead, Nate kept looking at me smiling and I heard my name mentioned a few times.

He made sure he didn't take too long because I heard him tell them, "I wish I could stay longer, but my mom always told me not to keep a beautiful girl waiting long," then he looked at me like I was the only one he could see.

We were seated in a booth by a window with the view of the Ohio River.

"The view looks amazing this early," I said, staring out at the water.

"If only it could equal to how amazing you look to me."

I looked at him, admiration gleaming from his eyes.

After we ordered our food, I texted Scott to find out what he was doing and where he even was.

Emma: Hey, are you awake?

Scott: Yes. Are you with Claire? Sam and Nate? Where are you guys?

Emma: Yeah, we are. No I'm not. Sam and Claire are at a hotel still sleeping. Nate and I are eating lunch but we're heading back afterwards.

Scott: That explains why Claire hasn't answered me yet. I'll talk to you guys in a bit. Have her text or call me when she wakes up.

I set my phone down and Nate grabbed my hand, smiling.

We started talking about our future goals and our careers and started noticing little things we had in common.

Man, I didn't think I could get feelings for someone so fast.