XVI - Pawn

The cold breeze of the wind embraces me as the moonlight reflected the wounded woman in front. I sardonically smiled at her while she was throwing death daggers at me.

“Fuck you! Fuck you, Sphene!”

I once again smiled to Nurse K. Gusto ko lang naman iparamdam sa kanya ang pagmamahal ko dahil sa engrandeng regalo n’ya sa akin kahapon.

She suddenly spits out blood from her mouth, “You’ll regret this. If I will not be able to kill you, the other Alvarez will.” I smiled at her. Looking at how pitiful she is right now, she will never be able to lift a single finger at me.

Nakatali si Nurse K sa isang silya, sinigurado ko na hindi n’ya magagawang makatakas pa.

“Do you think I do not know who you are?” She asked, making me frown at her.

Not again. “Don’t worry… You’ll be keeping my secret by yourself.” I waved my dagger at her and slightly slit through her cheeks.

She grimaced at me while I was wickedly smiling at her. It’s seven in the evening and most of the students are in their respective departments, meaning I skipped my classes by merely lying to them. I told them that I’m still not fine, which is half true. I am still traumatized by what happened yesterday.

“You can kill me. But your secret will be exposed sooner or later…” She warned.

I looked at her languidly, “Your master must have told you who I am.” That woman who shattered Lexie, that woman who I can’t even kill even though I was Amethyst.

Nurse K suddenly laugh, “What do you think will happen once Hunter knew that you are his pawn?”

“Tease me all you want…” I smirked. Her smile suddenly vanished and I held her cheeks, “I’m not that stupid to leave trails about my identity.”

“It’s been twelve years… Do you think your brother is still breathing?”

Hindi ko napigilan ang sarili ko na ibaon sa kanyang leeg ang hawak kong kutsilyo. Tila ba nandilim na lamang ang paningin ko sa kanya. At ang mga impit n’yang sigaw ay umaalingawngaw sa buong gusali.

She suddenly bit me, making me back off. I was baffled when I noticed that her phone was beneath her foot. A cunning slowly curved in her lips as she looked at me, “Re—remember this… I will make sure that your older brother will be no longer breathing once you see him again.”

After that, she suddenly steps on her phone. She’s a player just like me! I was stunned for that moment. Her eyes were simply reflecting her wickedness as if death is not something that would scare her.

As she slowly begins to become translucent. She smiled at me, it was dark and it did make me shiver.

“The Alvarez will definitely finish you—”

She ran away from me.

I angrily kicked the chair where she was tied earlier. She really knew who I am. I’ve been hiding for years, how could they research about me thoroughly?

I calmly closed my eyes as I rested my back on the wall, “What should I do now?” I asked myself.

“Probably leave this place?” I forcefully opened my eyes, just to see Travis standing in front with his arms across his chest, “Amethyst will always be Amethyst…”