Chapter 54

Lily ran towards their dorm, followed shortly by Alice, Marlene and Jenna. She sat down on her bed, hugging her knees and her green eyes filling up with tears.

"I'm s-so stupid," Lily said between sniffs as the other three girls sat down on her bed in silence, watching her with sadly. "I-I trusted him... I thought h-he was my friend."

Alice threw an arm around her shoulder, bringing her sideways into her embrace and Lily placed her head on Alice's shoulder, crying softly.

Alice started humming a song to calm Lily down as she caressed her red hair gently.

"That stupid git," Marlene snarled through gritted teeth. "I'll kill him for this! I'll kill Snape!"

"N-no," Lily shook her head briskly. "I have nothing to do with him anymore. Forget him. I'm done."

"You better be done," said Marlene. "Besides, I think Potter and Black got him good for it afterwards."

Lily immediately stopped crying, grimacing at the mention of his name. "Stupid, stupid Potter! How could he be so terrible!"

Jenna pursed her lips together, looking down. "I know he can be immature sometimes, but —"

"Sometimes!?" Lily scoffed in disgust. "You know, if he liked me, he wouldn't be going around hexing my friends, just because he thinks it makes him look cool! He's — he's just an immature — arrogant — stupid stupid boy!"

Jenna sighed, getting off the bed.

Lily, who thought her friend had gotten offended by her harsh words about her brother, quickly asked, "Where are you going?"

"To put a few arrogant toe-rags back in their place," Jenna muttered angrily, slamming the dormitory door behind her.

She wanted to exit the Common Room to search for the four boys, but to her luck, she found one of them there, sitting in a lonely corner, deep in thought.

The moment his eyes fell on Jenna, Remus quickly got to his feet, looking at her guilty. "How's Lily?"

"Oh, so you're talking to me now?" siad Jenna with a frown, folding her arms.

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

"Oh, never mind." She shook her head briskly. "Where are the others?"

"In detention," Remus answered simply.

"Then what about you?" Jenna raised a brow. "Didn't you get any detention?"

"Well... er..." Remus started awkwardly. "Technically, as McGonagall said, I didn't really do anything."

"Oh, yes, which reminds me," said Jenna angrily. "Why didn't you do anything?"

"What?"

"Remus, you're supposed to be the sane one! You're supposed to be the one to put some sense into them!"

"Well, I can't really say anything to them. They're my friends!" he reasoned.

"Exactly! That's why you should at least try to help them act more mature!"

"You're right," Remus sighed in defeat. "I'm sorry."

Jenna's face relaxed a but by those words, but she still felt furious. "Well, it's not you who I'm really mad at."

"Severus?"

"Him too, for calling Lily — that," Jenna said bitterly. "But mostly, those two idiots! James and Sirius!"

"I'm sure they're really sorry too —"

"Oh, are they?" said Jenna with a tone of mocking surprise. "Do you know how much they hurt Lily?"

"It wasn't on them! It was Snape who called her that —"

"I know what he said! But it was those two who started it! Why would they even do that!?"

"Well, we were just sitting and Sirius had gotten really bored —"

"Bored!?" Jenna repeated with disgust. "You're telling me they hexed Snape because awesome Mr. Black was bored!?"

"I know," Remus sighed. "Sirius tends to get reckless sometimes, but he doesn't have a bad heart. Even the night he led Snape to the Whomping Willow he apologized over and over to me, saying he just wanted him to be scared off, not hurt —"

"Hang on," Jenna cut him off angrily. "What do you mean, Sirius led him to the Whomping Willow!?"