Chapter 10

Next day, after my office, I went to Pasties carrying my one month's salary in my wallet and my mom's credit card just to be on a safer side.

I decided to wear an olive green bodycon dress which reached my knees.

I hope she likes me!

Calm down Ana she is just your future mother in law!

Yikes!! Did I just call her FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW?

I was greeted by the security men which were very courteous.

Of course you will be courteous. I am going to spend my one month's salary at this place for dinner.

They took me to the lift which directly went to the rooftop of the hotel.

Wow! Such a cool breeze!

But I was shocked and tongue tied at the sight in front of me.

It was Vance in a white shirt and blue colour ripped jeans. He had rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. His hair was disarrayed due to the roof top wind.

God! He is beautiful! I can capture this moment in my heart forever.

"Where is your Mom?" I asked him.

"I was the one who invited you. Not my mom."

Oh my holy moly! This must be some game for which he is using me.

"The letter said VM. They are your mom's initials." I said sternly.

"They are my initials too." he counter attacked icily.

"Don't play games Mister..." I was continuing.

"Vance!" he cut me off.

"Tell me the reason to have me over here. Is it for poaching?" I asked.

Even though the breeze was cool, my body was literally heated up due to anger.

"Of course not. I need not do anything of that sort madam. I am self-efficient!" he said proudly.

Even though he was oozing of confidence I just wanted to slap him right across the face.

"Then why did you invite me here?" I asked shooting glares at him.

"I felt like knowing you more." he replied sincerely.

Such great actor!

"May I know for what joy?" I asked him sarcastically.

"Maybe we can be good friends." he said giving a devious smile.

"I don't think that is what is there in your mind!" I said sensing something which was suspicious.

I turned my back to him.

He has called me here with some motive in his mind. Maybe some professional benefit or may be some personal benefit. Maybe he wants to poach me and get some information of my company. Or maybe he wants to just use my body!

I thoughtfully ruled out the last option.

"Why can't we be friends? I think you have an amazing personality!" he said.

"I know I have an amazing personality. So be happy that I am at least speaking with you." I said.

"Interesting!" he said smiling.

"I am sorry I cannot have dinner with you unless I know the motive behind it." I said avoiding his comment.

"It was just a friendly gesture. I am not trying to charm you." he said in a melancholic tone.

"I know you are not up to charming me. But I feel it's something about business." I replied back to him.

I must admit that I felt like a dagger was thrown on me when he said he didn't want to charm me.

Darn Vance!

"It is up to you. I won't force you." he said putting both his hands in his pockets.

"Okay. I will have dinner with you but no business tonight!" I stared back at him intensely giving him a yes with burning stare which could burn his soul.

He smiled with a smirk and stared back at me with the same intensity which was storming from his eyes.

He definitely has some skills to play along!

Hey my High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO