Chapter 10: The last summer

"Keep making me laugh
Let's go get high
The road is long, we carry on
Try to have fun in the meantime"

-Lana Del Rey

We all know how a typical horror movie starts, a summer day with a group of friends who have the fun of their lifetime. The group usually consists of a couple, a drinker, one smart ass, a good girl and the fearless bad girl.

A summer dream which needed only one day to turn into the summer nightmare of their life.

It was last summer when everything started to go down like the force of a waterfall. It all started like a movie, a fairytale but ended in a nightmare which still haunts day and night.

It took only one day, 24 hours and 1440 minutes to destroy every coming summer of my life.

The sound of the boys playing basketball, laughing and screaming on Yoongi's backyard could be heard when we stepped out of the car. I smiled at the familiar sound which filled my ears with a missing warmth I craved for since the past months.

I turned around as a smirking Jungkook headed towards me. He mouthed a 'run' and before I could even realize it, he was already chasing me around the house.

"Yah Kook stop it!" I screamed while running towards the backyard where everyone else was.
I looked over my shoulders to see if he was still chasing me and while my eyes were looking for Jungkook, I all of a sudden ran into a strong chest that made me dizzy.

"What the-" My eyes widened and I couldn't help but gasp when I met the pair of eyes which made it hard for me to think straight. I wanted to step back but his arms around my body stopped me from doing that.
My chest rose when his dark and mysterious eyes met mine, his bandana still on his forehead preventing his brown bangs from falling on his forehead.

He licked over his heart shaped lips before slowly loosening his grip around my body and letting his arms fall on his sides. I immediately stepped back when he let his arms fall, it felt like I needed to put a distance between us to finally be able to breathe.

"Taehyung that's Y/n our wild cat. Be careful she might bite you" Namjoon, who was standing next to Taehyung winked at me while Taehyung's eyes were on me.

I wasn't sure if it was hatred, anger or I just simply didn't like the vibes I was getting from him.
"Nice to meet you Y/n" I lifted my head and met his brown eyes, I gulped trying to look away put something inside me was telling me not to do so.

I bit down on my lips and looked away..against the feeling I averted my eyes from his because something inside them was making me uneasy and I did not like that feeling at all.

"Asshole" I murmured before turning around and walking into the house, I heard Namjoon calling my name which made me fasten my steps and open the glass door which leads to the living room. When I stepped in inside the cool living room I saw Jisoo preparing some fruit drinks on the kitchen island. When she realized I was inside she looked over at me and her face brightened immeasurable at my sight.

"What took you so long babe?" She handed me a cold drink which I really needed right now. "Soyeon" I simply replied before tasting the mixed fruit ice drink.

She nodded at my answer while looking over my shoulders at the boys playing basketball on the backyard. "Lisa and Jennie told me about that guy Taehyung..you are fine with him being here?"
She asked me while tilting her head and looking back at me. "Well it's not like I can do something about it and besides it looks like the boys already like him anyway" I looked down at the tasty drink before taking another sip "He seemed kind and well mannered but I don't know enough about him to judge. He is a transfer student so don't be mad about him stopping you from slapping Soyeon, he will understand if he gets to know you" She answered softly while her eyes were filled with the usual worry whenever topics would get a little too sentimental for my liking.

"Which will not happen" I placed the cold drink on the table next to Yoongi's big and comfy couch before carelessly flopping onto it and closing my eyes while crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Thank you for the drink Ji, I needed that" I stretched my arms out while turning my body to the side.

"What about me? No drinks for your favorite?" Out of nowhere Jungkook's soft voice sounded, I sighed softly while leaving my eyes shut and letting my sour muscles relax. "I made enough for everyone Kook don't worry" She chuckled and her footsteps slowly faded as she went back to the kitchen island.

I felt Jungkook's eyes on me when I started yawning and wrapping my arms around my body. "Staring is rude Kook" I said before yawning but instead of answering he chuckled softly.

"I don't mind being rude baby" I sighed and tried to place a pillow under my head. "Where is Y/n?" Jimin's voice sounded, followed by fast footsteps running down the stairs.

"Here" I put one arm up for him to spot me but suddenly I felt his cold fingers wrapping around my hand and pulling me roughly up on my feet.
My eyes shot open and I stumbled against Jimin's loose tank covered chest which made him immediately grab my waist in order to help me steady myself.

"You can sleep when you're dead but today we are here to have fun. It's been a while since we all gathered together, I mean just look at Hoseok who is mastering the barbecue for us, that should be enough for you to move that beautiful ass out of here" With my hand still inside his he opened the glas door and pulled me out on the warm backyard.

I let my eyes travel around the wide backyard, Jin was helping Hoseok with the barbecue while Yoongi, Jungkook, Namjoon and Taehyung were playing basketball. Bathed in sweat and wide smiles on their lips they were playing together as if they knew Taehyung for years. If they thought me being silent about all of this means I have agreed that he could easily join our friends group then they are wrong..very wrong.

"Time for a little break boys, the drinks are ready" Jisoo placed the silver tray full of colorful drinks on the table next to the barbecue before happily walking towards Jin. "You're the best!" Namjoon casually jogged over to us and grabbed himself a drink.
While everyone joined him and grabbed a drink I sat down on a cozy seat away from them and looked up at the sky.

Deep in thoughts while exhaling deeply I pulled out a cigarette but right when I placed it in between my lips someone pulled it out of my mouth and threw it away.

I gasped and turned my head to the person who dared to mess with me and met Taehyung's warning eyes.
I growled angrily and stood up while glaring at him.

"Look.." I tried to calm down to prevent myself from destroying the evening we have planned but his damn eyes made it even worse.

"One more time Taehyung...do that one more time and I swear I will lose myself just like I did before you stopped me from slapping that bitch!" I pressed out through gritted teeth while warningly pointing my index at him.

"My bad darling, because I will do it everytime I see that disgusting thing between your lips. Don't even try to stop me because it's not going to work" His deep voice filled my ears and I gulped. I could feel my anger cooling down even if I usually would rip the head of that person apart who dared to talk to me like he just did...but for some reason I just froze on the spot.

but for some reason I just froze on the spot