Chapter 23

Rhea POV

The next day we did go riding on the hippocampi, it was amazing. Triton and I had a race, and he won spectacularly. It was awful how badly I lost.

My hippocampus tripped! Tripped I say! How? I don't bloody know. He doesn't even have feet. It went tumbling down somehow, throwing me off his back, and me looking like superman shooting towards the surface with the force of how hard it fell. Fortunately for me, my dad raced after me on his sea horse, and once he finally stopped laughing, did we continue towards edge of Atlantis.

Surprisingly my mum and Amphitrite shore got along swimmingly. They had a whale of a time together. They sea eye-to-eye. They are fin-tastic friends now.

And the best part is that they gang up against my dad. It's hilarious to watch. Especially when my dad thought that they would hate each other.

I trained with my dad more than I did last summer, since Triton is taking on more of my dad's responsibilities for the time-being.

My dad made me run under water, and it's not easy. And I had to dodge attacks from the crabs hiding beneath the sand at the same time dodging dolphins trying to get me to lose my balance.

Every few days I could relax and enjoy my summer, until my father said,

"Rhea, tomorrow we are going to visit your Uncle Hades."

I paled at the very mention of visiting one of my godly family members.

"I'm not sure if I should go," I say too quickly.

"Why? Your uncle really wants to meet you. I've told him all about you, and I know for a fact that you said you wanted to meet him too."

"Yeah, that was before, I changed my mind" I reply.

"You're nervous," he smirks at me, eyes glinting.

My eye twitches at his comment and his grinning face, "I'm not nervous."

"Really? Then why won't you make eye contact?" he asks, his grin growing wider.

"Because I've got salt water in my eyes," I respond lamely.

He throws his head back and laughs so deeply that the water vibrates around us.

"What's got you so anxious over meeting your uncle?" he asks.

I look at my feet, "He's a king, and he can kill me anytime he wants if he doesn't like me."

My dad looks affronted, "He agreed not to harm you and besides, I'm a king, and do I make you nervous?"

"No, you don't, cause it's not the same, you're my dad."

"And he is your uncle, he'll love you," my dad says.

I hope so.

Hades POV

My brother and his brat will be here soon. Persephone and I are awaiting their arrival in the throne room.

My brother arrives in a mist of ocean breeze along with his black haired imp at his side.

"Poseidon, welcome," I greet them, and the little girl hides behind her father's back.

"Hades, Persephone," he greets, turning around to face his daughter, "Rhea, come meet your Uncle Hades and aunt Persephone."

"Brother, this is Rhea," he says, nudging his daughter.

Persephone gives me a 'be nice or else' look.

"Rhea, welcome to the underworld," I greet her nicely as not to scare her too much. Persephone is already angry at me for not telling her sooner.

"Thanks Uncle Hades," she replies shakily.

She turns her head into father's shirt, shying away from the attention.

"It's lovely to have you here little princess. Come, let me show you my garden, I'm sure you'll like the flowers" Persephone suggests, reaching her hand out for the girl to take. She looks to her father who nods and she takes my wife's hand, leading her out of the room.

"She's a bit shy, isn't she?" I ask.

"Rarely, this is the first time I've seen her really act this way. She was nervous to meet you," he replies.

"I do have that effect on people."

"True, but she wanted to meet you, she was excited. And yesterday when I told her we were coming she got nervous. I think she thought that you weren't going to like her."

"I haven't made my decision on my preference towards her yet. She does look a bit like our dear mother, doesn't she?" I respond. It's ironic how she shares not only a name with our mother but also some of her looks.

"At least Persephone seems to like her, and yes, strange enough, they do share traits," he comments.

"She loves children. My dear wife was angry with me when I didn't tell her about your daughter the moment I found out. She always did say that you would be an over protective father if you had a girl."

He told me about her power surge and the cause of it, and her training he's been giving her in his domain. I feel jealous over the fact that he spends time with his daughter while I can't take care of my own children now.

We headed towards Persephone's garden and we heard laughter from both my wife and little Rhea. Persephone was chasing her around the garden.

"Brother, this is a rare sight!" Poseidon says joyously.

I snap out of it as he nudges my shoulder, "What?"

"The joy a child can bring, even to a desolate place like this," he says, crinkling his eyes.

"I haven't seen Persephone so free in years. That's the woman I fell in love with," I tell him honestly.

Persephone finally catches her, and Rhea giggles with her.

"Rhea!" Poseidon calls out.

She runs to him, "Dad!" he picks her up and puts her on his hip.

"Did you have fun?" he asks.

"Yeah, Aunt Persie showed me how she grew the flowers. She's the goddess of flowers and stuff," she says out of breath, and whispers to Poseidon in awe, "She is so cool."

I smile when I hear her say that.

When it was time to leave, Rhea asked if she could come to visit Persephone again this summer. I don't really want a brat to run around my domain, but if it makes Persephone happy...

Before I could respond, my wife said, "Of course you can come anytime you like Rhea. I can show around the underworld more when you come to visit."

Poseidon finally agreed to the visit and left in that annoying ocean mist with his daughter.

Turning to my wife, I ask what she thinks about her.

"I like her. I've never seem Poseidon so at ease in someone's presence. It's like she calms him. And if you think of hurting that little girl in any way, then you better sleep with one eye open," she warns, and I gulp at the implication.

I love my wife, but if you get on her bad side, then you are in for a world of hurt.

Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing well wherever you are. I hope you liked this chapter. Let me know what you think :)