Chapter Eighty

Songs for this chapter:
• boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House

Chapter Eighty:

Lexi's POV

"Habibti? Can I see the details about your flight?" Bryce asks me suddenly.

I blink up at him from where I'm laying down on the couch with my head resting in his lap. He smiles down at me and I can't help but to grin at the sight of his dimples.

He sticks his tongue out at me and I giggle.

"Sure. Let me find it. It should be on my phone somewhere," I say, grabbing my phone from where it's resting on the coffee table.

Bryce kisses my forehead before he continues doing whatever he's been doing for the past few minutes on his laptop. The TV is on, but I find watching Bryce's long, nimble fingers dancing across the keyboard much more interesting.

Especially since his nails are painted with sparkly pink nail polish.

I smile just a little bit wider at that fact before turning on my phone. I find my flight information before tapping Bryce's shoulder.

He looks back down at me with another smile, and I stick my tongue out before handing over my phone. "Here you go, sir."

Bryce barks out a laugh. He then takes the phone from my hand, and after taking a few moments to read the flight information on my screen, he hands the phone back to me with a ridiculously large smile on his face.

I drop my phone back onto the coffee table, raising my eyebrows at Bryce once I sit up on the couch and turn to face him. "Why so cocky all of a sudden? Well, more cocky than usual, I suppose."

Bryce chuckles once again. "We're on the same flight home. I figured we must be since we're flying out on the same day. I'm going to get you upgraded to business class so you can sit with me."

His smile is so damn wide and he looks so damn happy at the news that we're on the same flight that I can't help but to grin back at him in response.

"You're not upgrading me to business class, but I'm glad that we're on the same flight. That makes me happy. I don't like travelling alone," I say, reaching out to take Bryce's face in between my hands.

He merely stares at me in silence for several long moments.

Then, he grins wickedly. "Too bad. That wasn't a question. I want you to sit with me. Otherwise I'm going to steal you from your seat and make you sit in my lap for the entire flight."

I open my mouth to respond to that, but before I get a chance, Bryce has somehow tackled me backwards onto the couch so that I'm laying on my back while he hovers above me in the span of a second.

And then his mouth is on mine and he's kissing me fiercely.

🌸🌸🌸

"Hey, hey. It'll be okay. It's all going to be okay, Bryce. There's no need to worry," I say gently, brushing back a strand of hair that had fallen across Bryce's forehead.

He looks towards me with wide, teary eyes. His lip is slightly pouted when he says, "But what if we crash?"

I turn to the left to stare out the small plane window beside me. Our flight is nearly over and we're approaching the ground rapidly, probably only a few minutes away from landing.

Which means that Bryce is pretty much having a panic attack right now.

I turn back to face Bryce, sliding the window shut as I do. "We won't. I promise."