Chapter VIII

Aquaria was lying in bed as she cried heavily.

Anna had wanted to have a picnic for dinner, but as soon as Aqua saw the ham sandwiches for the picnic, she broke.

"I can't take this anymore, Ruddiger... it's all my fault... I need Varian. I can't live without him... e-even if he never wants to be with me ever again, I at least need him in my life..." Aquaria held the fluffy raccoon close to her as she sobbed.

Ruddiger chittered sadly as he curled up in her arms. Aquaria cried herself to sleep like she did often.

She dreamed of precious memories she had of her and Varian.

💧

Aquaria was doodling in her sketchbook when she felt the bed indent and a hand went over her eyes.

"Guess who," Varian whispered in her ear and she giggled.

"Is it my favorite alchemist?"

"Your one and only," Varian said, keeping his voice low as he removed his hand from over eyes.

She closed her sketchbook and turned to face him.

"What are you doing here, Var?" She asked curiously. "It's the middle of the night."

"Well, it's a full moon and I thought that maybe we could go on a midnight date," Varian said and she smiled brightly.

"Let me get changed really quick," Aquaria said as she slid off her bed.

"Alright," Varian said before going out on her balcony. He was respectful of her, knowing that even though they were together, he should respect her privacy and not be a pervert.

He waited until he felt her hand slip into his.

"I'm ready." She leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"Let's go," Varian said as he looked at her with a smile before Aquaria used her powers to get the water from the air to form into a cloud, but unlike a normal cloud, they didn't fall through it when they stepped on it.

They floated down to the streets of Corona and Varian led her to the docks.

There was a little boat with some candles and a picnic basket. Varian helped her in the boat after getting in himself.

"You set this all up?" Aquaria blushed but she was so happy as Varian rowed them out to sea a bit.

"Yes I did, m'lady," Varian said charmingly and Aquaria laughed.

"You are the best, Var. But m'lady is only an every so often type thing." Aquaria kissed his cheek.

"Cutie patootie?"

"Nope," Aqua said with a shake of her head.

"We'll continue this after our midnight meal. I made ham sandwiches!" Varian said excitedly and Aquaria smiled bright.

"That's great! Thanks, Var!" Aquaria hugged him and he looked down at her. "And this is very romantic."

"I'm glad you think so. It's all for you," Varian said softly and Aqua blushed.

Varian pressed his lips to hers gently and she kissed him back immediately. It only lasted a few moments but it was perfect.

"Let's enjoy this beautiful scenery," Varian murmured, looking into her bright blue eyes.

"Yeah." Aquaria nodded before grabbing some of the food out of the picnic basket.

🧪