Chapter 22

As I exited the cave I made sure there was nobody around. I might have regained some mana but it is still not nearly enough to get us all out of this situation." I said softly. I jumped down from the cave which was some ways down but just about halfway down someone shot at us separating me from the others. I was shocked but regained my senses and rescued the others and tried my best to get away but wasn't able to. A sudden chill went through my spine when I noticed who were attacking me.

"Damnit." I said under my breath. "So this is where you were hiding Queen of the Clover Kingdom." Dante said as the members of the dark triad surrounded me. They also brought a few of their disciples with them. "It looks like I'll have to make my plan a reality now." I thought and then transformed into my celestial form. I managed to get some distance from them and took out a bow and readied an attack.

"You're no match for us Queenie. Best to just give up." Vanica said with a big smile. "I'm doing this to protect my people!" I said and placed the group in front of my shot and shot them towards the Heart Kingdom. This all happened very fast, so fast that the devil users thought I was going to shoot them and they charged towards me and all successfully sliced my sides with one stabbing me in the stomach.

I saw the group breach the Heart Kingdom's barrier and I turned off my celestial form and fell towards the ground. I hit the ground and had some tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry Michael. I have failed you." I softly said as I lost consciousness.

Meanwhile in the Heart Kingdom Lolopechka and the Captains feverishly tried finding me and the group of magic knights who were with me. All communication was lost with my group which made them very worried. "Your Majesty something just breached the barrier from the Spade Kingdom border." Gadjah said bringing up a monitor displaying the flying object. "That's one of Queen Roxy's techniques!" Tybalt said. "I am picking up heat sources within that thing." Gadjah said. "Let's go check it out." William said and all the Captains and Tybalt went to where the object would crash.

A few minutes later the group of Captains and Tybalt reached the area where the object fell. They saw a few bodies which made them run faster. The captains and Tybalt saw only the magic knights who were tasked to retrieving the grimoire. "W-where's Queen Roxy?!" Tybalt said shakily. The group suddenly saw a small message attached. They all gathered together to see what the message said.

"Dear Captains and Tybalt. As you've already saw I was not there with the others. I had barely any mana left. I used all of it to ensure that these magic knights were sent to safety. I'm glad these magic knights are safe now. Unfortunately I might not be in the best position.

I was surrounded by all three the devil users and their disciples. I would be lying if I said I was fine but I will return to you all soon, I hope."

Roxy

No one dared speaking. Everyone had tears in their eyes. The group made their way back to the Heart Castle. "Are they okay?!" Lolopechka asked as she saw the group. They all looked down. "W-where's Roxy?" Lolopechka said looking scared. She saw the tears in some and she fell to her knees and started crying. Most started crying thinking the worst happened to their Queen.

Meanwhile back in the Clover Kingdom Marx brought Julius a message. "Sir this message just came from the Heart Kingdom and needs your immediate attention!" Marx said as he handed the message to Julius. "Roxy might've obtained her last grimoire. But why not tell me through transmition?" Julius said preparing to read the letter.

Julius went silent. "What was the letter about Julius?" Marx asked but he then saw something he'd never thought he'd see in his life. Julius was crying?! This also caused everything in the room being flung at the walls. "W-what happened?" Marx asked scared.

Back at the Spade Castle the devil users made sure to make their guest comfortable. I'm just joking. They tied Roxy up in midair upside down in a dark dungeon. Roxy still had some blood dripping from her sides. 'What will we do with her grimoires?" Zenon asked. "Let's put it with the other one." Dante said.

"My entire body hurts. It's dark... and cold. W-where am I? Why can't I move? I'm exhausted. Why..." I said while I was in a dark void. "STOP THIS ROXY!!!" I heard a voice yell and was being covered by light. "You're stronger than this! We can get out of this!" Michael said. "Who? There's one of us and three of them. We're out numbered. My mana is depleted. And I'm still bleeding." I said. "Stop thinking like that! I won't let you fall into despair! For everyone's future you cannot fall into despair!" Michael said. "I've failed everyone." I said crying.

"No you haven't! You will get out of this and we will help you!" Michael said and I looked at his now visible figure and a sliver of hope has returned.

~~~Chapter 22 Done!

Clover fact #22: Rill's favorite things are painting and Walter's tea with waffles

p.s. this chapter's cover was created by none other than me! Please go follow my instagram for more fan art from many different anime! It's @roxydigiart or here's the link: https://www.instagram.com/roxydigiart/