[6]

When I arrive at the apartment complex, the two men outside the window have just broken in.

"I've still got it" I mumble with a breathless smile that's covered by the mask the suit wrapped around my mouth and nose.

I keep running, not even pausing when I reach the front of the building to start scaling it. As I jump from sill to sill, I reach out with my senses in the direction of Bucky's window. I feel five heat signatures present, and it's only a matter of seconds until I'm at his window. I pause, looking inside to see five men with large guns standing above his sleeping frame. I don't wait any longer and shove myself inside the window, landing on my feet silently.

I dart forward, grabbing the gun of one of the men that's about to shoot and directing it to the ceiling. Just as I do, the shot goes off and rains debris down on us.

"It's perverted to watch people when they're sleeping" I announce, adrenaline coursing through my veins. The five stare at me for a second before charging. I look down briefly to see Bucky jolting awake, shoving off his covers to reveal his shirtless frame.

"Morning," I call to him as one of the men takes a shot at me. I dodge it, ripping the gun from him and throwing it to the floor. I grab onto his shoulders, deftly swinging my legs around his torso and throwing my weight forward to launch him into the ground. I hear a gunshot ring and I look up from the unconscious man to see Barnes grab the barrel of a fired gun and snap it in two.

Fury wasn't kidding when he said this guy was dangerous.

"You're interfering with something you do not know" one of the men yells, catching my attention. He throws a punch at me and I dodge it deftly. I rip out a knife and throw it at him with impeccable accuracy. It lodges into his torso, the tranquilizer venom immediately taking effect.

"Sorry!" I call to him as he drops to his knees. I immediately cringe, knowing I probably shouldn't apologize in a fight.

"Did you just say sorry?"

I snap my gaze up to see Bucky dodging the bullets of one of the men, quickly taking him down with a single punch. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I can tell he's judging me, but I don't think he knows who I am yet.

"Habit" I call back, my eyes widening as I see one of the two men remaining raise his gun to shoot Bucky.

"Bucky, watch out!" I call, summoning my venom. I see the bullets lodge into his torso, making him keel over in pain. I wince for him and continue to call out to the venom within me, hoping it provides enough of a distraction. Deep green has begun to flow around my fingers, catching the attention of the two attackers left.

"Drop your guns " I command, urging the gas to flow through the room and dangerously dance around the men. When they don't listen and rather raise their weapons to shoot at me, I realize that I have no other choice. My heart burns with guilt as I immediately force the venomous gas into the men, watching as it quickly takes its toll. I don't wait around to watch it's effects and dart over to Bucky.

"Come on, we have to go!" I urge, grabbing his arm and hoisting him up. He groans, and I look down to notice the blood dripping from his exposed abdomen. He looks at me, trying to push me off. I let the mask of my suit retreat, revealing my face.

"It's me, now let's go. We don't have much time" I announce, watching as his blue eyes light up with intrigue. He doesn't linger long, though, and turns to the window.

"We have to jump" he grits out through his pain, looking at the roof of the building that rests a ways down. I nod, running up to the window.

"Go ahead, I'll follow" I mutter, looking over at the men convulsing with the power of my venom. I feel Bucky jump from beside me and take in a breath, stilling myself for what's to come. I reach out for the venom in their bodies and slowly pull it out, drawing it away and towards myself. I clench my jaw as the gas sweeps into my own body, immediately debilitating me.