31: together

Jungna rested her head against Jungkook as the both of them were sitting together on the hospital bed while leaned against the headboard. Jungkook's hand was playing with Jungna's silky hair meanwhile the other one he let it to be play by Jungna's little fingers. Since she been hospitalized, Jungkook spent most of his time to stay with her at the hospital. He even sleepover to keep her company and trying to not make her felt lonely.

       However about Ippi, Jimin had promise Jungkook that he would feed him whenever Jungkook wasn't home, so he no need to worry about the pup.

      With eyes closed, Jungna let her mind wandered. Sometime Jungna could not tell was it her eyes already closed or they were still opened. Both seemed pretty similar to her. All pitch black like she traped with darkness that had no end without a single light dimmed to give her sign of way out. She felt useless ans lifeless. One of her great sense could not be use anymore. She could not point out was it someone with her until they hold her, could not even tell that her family came to visit her and could not even look at Jungkook's big eyes that she started longing for.

       What the point of living again if she could not see anything around her?

      Everytime the thoughts hit her, she would bawled her eyes out. Thankfuly, Jungkook always be on her side to comfort her and gave as much support as she really needed. Whenever that happened, as Jungkook chanted to her that everything would be fine and other thing, this and that, Jungkook would always saying that he didn't cry when Jungna asked him. He also said that he did not even shed a single tears because he was a strong man to his girl.

       But Jungna knew better. She didn't realise since when her hearing sense became so alert to everything around her. Once Jungkook said, he didn't cryㅡ Jungna could point out that he was lying based on his crack voice. Hence, she would trailed up her hands to his face and caressed his cheeks. Due to it, Jungkook started broke down infront of her.

      Half of her felt a little relieve that she could not witness how broken Jungkook was because of her but her other half was regreting about it because of she lost her eye sight, Jungkook had gut to lie to her that he was fine whenever he wasn't.

       "Tell me again what the purpose of life when I cannot see the world?" She finally broke the ice wall that none of them realised when it built.

      Jungkook shifted a little in his position. His moving hand over Jungna's head just now came to halt. He craned his head on Jungna's direction slowly. Whenever she felt Jungkook was turning towards her, she retreet a little behind. She didn't know what expression he had on his face. But Jungna sure it was a sad expression face.

       This was not her first time asking the question. Jungkook could not count how many of them already. Since the day the doctor told them about this, Jungna started to lose hope and thought about ending her life. No matter how much Jungkook hate to heard those word escaped from her lips, he could not do anything. He somehow felt like he wanted to shout out of frustration because of half of his life had the kinds of thoughts.

      Jungkook cupped her face and gave her a kiss on her now bandage free forehead. Jungna's eyes that opened just now slowly fluttered closed again and she instantly gripped both Jungkook's hands. Jungkook rested his forehead against hers, admiring her face.

       "Don't say that anymore." He said sadly. Tears had welled up again in his eyes.
       "Don't ever think to give up on you life either." He paused as he took a deep breath to subside his shaky breath."You might be lost your eyesight but you still have me and your family. If you give up on everything, not only you but all of us will lost everything too. You are our everything Jungna."

       A bead of tear escaped from her closed eyes. Yet a small smile sketched over her lips.

       "We got this baby. We got this. We will face it together no matter what." He encouraged her and engulfed her into a warm hug. She rested her chin over his shoulder as he rubbed her back up and down and kissed her on her temple over and over again.

       Jungna would lost her mind if she didn't have Jungkook. Of course she had her family too but right now, it about the man of her life. Jungkook really stayed with her and be with her, comforting her and lifting up her spirit when she at the edge of the hill.

       "Remember what the doctor said?" Jungkook suddenly asked her. "Which one? There are so many things the doctor said." Jungna joked. For a long time, giggled finally left their mouth.

      Jungkook pulled her away and held her arms. His thumbs caressed softly against it. Jungna's eyes were staring back at him but he acknowledge that she saw nothing.

       "The thing he said about the surgery." Jungkook answered. His answer made Jungna sighed. "You are not happy?" He asked her again.

       "Isn't that, Jungkook-ah. Yes we can run the surgery but where we will find the donor? Is it even possible?"

      Jungna was right. Was that even possible? A donor? Who in the earth would want to donor their organ? Even the craziest person in the world Jungkook admited that the person would refuse to be the donor.

      The doctor told them that they could help Jungna to gain her eyesight again but the was one condition, they needed a donor. Once they have it, they would run the surgery and if it turned out well, Jungna would have her chance again to see the world.

       "It is." Jungkook frankly said even he didn't know it is or other way round. But the doctor had promise them that they would help to find the donor as soon as they could. So, for now Jungkook and Jungna's family didn't have much choice but to wait.

      "So, don't lost hope okay? I will always be with you in every matters. Don't you wanna see the baby growing at least?"

       His last statement made Jungna flashed up a smile. The baby. Their baby.

      "On behalf of this smol human inside youㅡ" he rubbed in circled her still flat tummy as he continued. "Please don't lost hope. We are in this together. Once the baby born, let she or him knows that their mother is the strongest woman ever in the world." Jungkook beamed.

      Jungna chuckled as a bead of tear once again left her eyes. She instantly hugged him before she broke the hug and reached her hand to hold Jungkook's face.

     "Thank you so much, Jungkook. Thank you so much for always be on my side."

      Mirrored Jungna's glassy eyes, he cupped her face with his large warm hand and nuzzled their nose together that made Jungna closed her eyes with lips stretched to a smile.

       "There nothing to be thank, Jungna. We are family now. You are my family. My resposibility. I love you."

___