Part I Chapter 5: Talk It Out

Agwin's dormitories were filled with small living spaces, each having the same layout of a front doorway that extended into a kitchenette which had an island separating it and a small common area to its right. Behind the common area was an opening into a small hallway which held the doorways to two bedrooms and a small bathroom.

     Broven was sprawled out on his bed staring at the digital alarm clock on his nightstand. It currently read 5:37, which was about an hour and a half away from his meeting with John. He was going to meet Rein at the front gates at 6:30 to get some fast-food and then walk to John's apartment.

     While Broven silently thought about his plans, he heard a knock on his door. He immediately shot into the position of sitting on the edge of his bed facing towards the door.

     "Come in," Broven said.

     *CLICK*. The door opened to reveal the Jack of Agwin High, Broven's roommate Gou. Gou was a tan third-year boy with short, teal hair and eyes that matched his hair color. Broven raised an eyebrow at him.

     "What do you need, Gou?" he said with a sigh. Gou rolled his eyes at him.

     "Wendy is here to see you. Said she wanted to talk to you about the new girl or something." 

     Wendy was here to talk to him about Rein? He supposed that it made sense. Wendy was the Queen after all. Actually now that he had thought about it, it was most likely former-Queen now. Even though Rein and Wendy hadn't met yet, much less fought, Wendy was as good as defeated. It was common knowledge among the student body that Broven and Gou were both stronger Royals than Wendy, so, to the student body, seeing Broven defeated by Rein probably meant that she had defeated Wendy as well. With that in mind, he was relatively sure of what Wendy wanted to talk about.

     "I'll go talk to her then," he said while getting up from his bed. Stepping out of his room as Gou retreated back in to his, Broven saw her sitting on the couch in the common-area.

     Broven gulped before stepping into the living room. He looked at Wendy. She was a 4th-year girl with a pale, freckly face and yellow eyes which complimented her frizzy, bright-red hair. Her hair was tied behind her head into a medium-length ponytail that made its way down to just past her shoulder blades. She was looking down at her phone with a calm look on her face while wearing ripped black jeans and a cropped indigo sweatshirt. At times like these, she was strikingly beautiful to the point that it started to intimidate people like Gou. Broven was unfazed though.

     As he stepped into the living room, she looked up from her phone at him, her eyes as warm as ever.

    "'Sup, Broven," she said with a slight smile. "Come have a seat." At her command, Broven plopped himself down on an armchair that sat in the corner of the room between the hallway and his and Gou's TV, which was across from the couch. "I saw your fight with the new girl today." she said while slipping her phone into her pocket. "Rein, was it? She looked pretty strong, you know?" Broven let out a sigh.

     "Yeah, she was, actually," he confirmed. Wendy leaned forward.

     "I just wanted to make sure that we both had a mutual understanding that I am no longer Queen," she sighed. Broven scratched the back of his head.

     "Figured that's what you were here to talk about. Don't worry, I get it. Is that all you had to say?" he asked. Wendy nodded.

     "Yep, that was it. Sorry I can't really stay for longer, but I have to get going. Rei is gonna be over here for the weekend, so we're going out to dinner tonight," she explained.