A journey together?

Saanjh walked down the staircase while still in a state of shock of the line she heard....
'I love my wife' ... was still ringing a bell in her ears... While she noticed the man who confessed it to her calmly sipping over his cup of morning coffee while his eyes crazily followed her while she was walking down the staircase while still dipping his mouth in the coffee cup.

She cleared her throat and looked elsewhere while he threw a small smile at her and continuing to sip the coffee.

'Ok guys...we have to leave to the kuldevi's mandir for pooja now. Breakfast arrangements are done at the temple itself. Make sure you guys don't munch junk on the way. We are leaving to make sure the arrangements are in place while you guys come together' Arti said hurrying picking a few bags and a thali (plate full of offerings) to the family goddess.

Saanjh wanted to avoid Vardhan's company and said 'lets go together mummyji' to which Arti replied with a smile cupping her daughter in law's face in one hand saying 'No beta...we have to see if arrangements are made. We have a 'Anna Santharpan (Food distribution to everyone coming to temple)' there today. It was a mannat (offering) I had asked to perform the immediate next day if Vardhan got married. As this stupid fellow was totally against marriage. Glad he agreed marrying you beta'....Saanjh looked perplexed...Arti quickly moving out with her bags told to Saanjh and Vardhan... ' Myself and papa need to make sure everything is in place. We are taking Nani in our car...Chachi, Chachu and Vidhisha will follow us as we will need help managing things if needed. House help will be here...so you don't need to lock the house... You guys come along with Shraddha and Nipun who will be coming with the boys... anyways Vardhan is having his morning coffee and he also has a conf call with some Australian clients now. You join him...and yup.. No hurry. Just make sure you reach there by 9 as it's a 2 hour journey please make sure you guys start by 7 atleast...' she said looking at Vardhan now and he Just nodded his head and Nipun said ' Don't worry ma ...I know Pooja and rituals begin by 9:30... we'll be there...I promise..my responsibility' he said.

Arti patted her responsible son in law's cheek with a smile and left home with the rest of the family members.

Post Vardhan's conference call which went upto 7:30 ... they decided to go in the same car...as they were already late. They all squeezed themselves in Vardhan's SUV rather than seperate cars following and waiting for one another and they all had to use maps to reach the place.

Goa was the Malhotra's ancestral hometown as Vardhan's great grandfather had a huge business empire set up in goa once upon a time. That's how Malhotra's who originated from Chandigarh had a huge base at Goa and since Harshvardhan's father moved to Bangalore. The Malhotra's were now no lesser Kannadigas (Kannada speaking people from Karnataka). Arti however was a Chandigarh girl but had completely got adjusted in the last 35 years of living in Bangalore. Bangalore was now their home.

Thereby though the Malhotra's travelled to Goa once in a year at every new year to visit their ancestral village and their Goddess, they always needed a map on their mobile navigating them to the location.

Shraddha took the driver seat and Nipun sat next to her navigating through maps... Shraddha hated navigating through maps as she would always miss a turn or so ending up they never reaching the right destination. She chose driving over this. The couple didn't let Vardhan drive as they wanted him to spend some time with his new bride.. however the twin brothers sat on the backside of the seat already. Shraddha and Nipun thought of taking the boys with them in the car giving the newly weds more privacy but as Vardhan's meeting went longer than expected they didn't want to get late for the pooja.

While Saanjh stepped at the SUV she looked as in where should she sit.

Vardhan climbed the seat and asked her to take the window seat. He knew she loved the window seat always.