Part 29: Battle (Or Uma Being Dramatic, Whichever You Decide)

Suddenly, the water beneath the boat started to rage, which made the boat sway slightly. Everyone started looking around as panic spread throughout the boat. Then, when nobody was watching, except for me and Mal, Uma resurfaced. Uma was almost half the size of the boat and she grinned as her tentacles slapped the water, keeping her afloat.

Uma laughed. "True love's kiss won't defeat this!" She held her hands out as the waves continued to get worse. "The world will know my name!"

I rolled my eyes as Harry, who was to my left, grabbed my hand. While to my right, Mal started breathing heavily. "Mal, are you okay?"

Mal continued to breathe heavily as purple smoke formed around her body. Everyone else only watched as the smoke cleared, leaving a dragon where Mal used to stand.

Uma laughed as Mal took flight before shooting fire at Uma. Uma somehow looked both offended and enraged at the same time as her tentacles slapped the water viciously.

"Come on, Mal!" Uma shouted. "Let's finish this once and for all."

Mal flew towards Uma, shooting fire at her again as I stood there watching like everyone else.

"I have to do something," I said, looking at Harry as Uma sent a giant wave towards the boat.

"You can't do anything right now, Chloe," Harry said, squeezing my hand in his. "This is between Mal and Uma, not us."

"But I can't just stand here and do nothing!" I said before the boat violently began to shake, sending me into Harry's arms.

"How would you help them?" Harry asked, holding me in his arms.

I looked at Harry, then over the side of the boat, then back at Harry.

"I'm sorry," I said, running out of Harry's arms and to the side of the boat before jumping over the side.

"Chloe!" I heard Harry yell before plunging into the water.

I resurfaced to see everyone looking over the edge of the boat worried. I simply shrugged them off and swam towards Uma.

"What are you doing, runt?" Uma asked as I grabbed hold of one of her tentacles.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I asked, climbing the slimy tentacles.

"Hey, stop that!" Uma yelled, trying to knock me off.

I had reached Uma's neck when Ben decided to get involved too. He walked back to some people on the boat, Ben gave them his coat and crown before roaring and jumping off the side of the boat.

"What an idiot," I mumbled under my breath.

"Mal, Uma, Chloe, stop!" Ben yelled, desperately trying to keep his head above the water. "Back down!"

"What are you going to do?" Uma asked sarcastically. "Splash me?"

"This has got to stop. This isn't the answer. The fighting has got to stop," Ben yelled. "We have to listen to and respect each other. It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try. Uma," she turned to look at Ben, "I know you want what's best for the Isle. Help me make a difference."

Uma sighed and took Ben's ring off before giving it to Ben. This gave me time to unclasp Uma's necklace, transforming her back into her normal self. I fell into the water, my head smacking the water hard which caused the necklace to slip out of my hand and sink down into the water. That was the last thing I saw before I went unconscious.