Chapter 30 : The Infiltration (Part II)

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST TWENTY minutes since we contacted Exene and the others. The women inside our cell are silent. It's as if we're the only ones here. As if they have become used to move silently that even their breathings are very silent too.  I continued to mix the medicine I brought with me. I only brought powdered ones with me. Thankfully, they gave us water ten minutes ago. Now I'm able to make the medicine I wanted. 

Davis told us most of the girls are lethargic. I had a slight idea of what drug they used to drug them and now that I had a clear look at the situation, I'm certain they used a kind of shroom. I wonder why they didn't use it on us. Maybe because we didn't object earlier? Did these girls fought back and was drugged because of it? Did that make us suspicious? 

I shook my head. Now's not the time to get paranoid. We got inside the cell, one of the hardest parts of the plan. 

"Matagal pa ba 'yan?" Luca asked. The women aren't surprised when they heard Luca's voice. They feel like shit to care about how in the world is there a guy in the cell. 

"It'll be faster if you try and talk to them. Separate the ones who are severe." 

He gave me a questioning look. I groaned. 

"They have different tolerance against the drug. I figured the drug used was a mushroom that has this chemical called psilocybin. At least they're not showing signs of hallucinations. Most of them are still feeling drowsy or nauseatic," 

"How do you know all that?" 

"That's my job. Now go and separate them. I only have little medicine with me. I'll have to prioritize those who are severe." 

I continued mixing the powder with the water. I heard Luca asking questions to the girls. Some of them were mumbling something, answering Luca's questions. Some of them were unresponsive. 

"Luca, they're going to burn the ship down and you haven't finished."

I heard him groan. He went back to the ones who responded earlier and told them some instructions. The next thing I knew, they were talking to other girls, asking them questions. Some are scared to talk but they managed to comfort them. We need to earn their trust or this mission will not succeed. But looking at the girls here in the cell, there can't be 200 girls around here. Where are the others? Are there any other cells?

The girls must have got the idea of what's going on kaya agad kumilos ang iba para tulungan ang iba pa. We have at least fifteen minutes before the guard comes back. All we needed to do is to segregate the girls who needed the medicine the most. 

"Who are you, people?" One of the women asked weakly. 

"Save your energy for our escape later, little dove," I heard Luca whispered but enough for all the girls to hear. Some gasped some bursts into tears. I wonder how long have they been stuck in here. Struck constantly with fear, of doubt. 

The doors opened and Luca gestured them to stay quiet. I went to the corner and hid the medicine there. With my clothes, it was pretty easy to conceal them. 

The guard looked at us before he snorted and went back to the door to read something. 

Luca eyed me and nodded. Kita ko sa mukha niya ang pagkainip. If only it's that easy to make medicine. I eyed him back and gestured it's almost done.

I stirred harder at the mixture I made earlier. It's starting to turn into the color I was expecting.

I face the girls near me.

"I only have limited medicine with me. Those who are severely affected by the drug are the only ones who can take this." I whispered. 

"How do we know you're not part of this? How could we trust you?" One woman weakly said but her words were strong that I know the other girls are silently agreeing with her. 

"It's not enough that you're locked up here together with us. What if that's just another drug to poison us?" Said another. I heard Luca sighed. 

"I hear things are getting difficult over there," We heard Levi over the earpiece. 

"I know it's hard but you got to trust us now. This is the only we're all going to get out of here." I said quietly. The man guarding the door suddenly stood up and gave us a glance before going out. He's situated quite far from the cell so he can't hear us. Plus, the waves are wild outside. 

"Who are you? Why are you trying to save us?" Said one woman. 

"Liliana, Luca, no matter what happens, do not blow up your cover. We're coming." I heard Exene. 

 A girl suddenly stood up, ngunit agad rin itong natumba. I immediately ran towards her. 

"Use me," She said weakly. 

"What--"

"Use that medicine on me. I know who you are and I believe you. Use that on me and they'll believe you." 

And that's when I got a clear look on her face. She looked familiar but I can't remember where I saw her. 

She grasps my hand. "There's no time," 

"You know revealing my identity could make things easier," Luca said. 

"Stick to the plan," I eyed him and he shrugged. 

I took a deep breath and injected her with the medicine I made. She bit her lip as she felt the sting. 

"You're okay. You're doing good. Take a deep breath," 

She did as told and I used my coat as her pillow. Her breathing is still unstable and now she's sweating profusely. She continued being like that for a few minutes and slowly, her breathing became steady. 

"It worked," Luca said. 

All of us were silent as we stared at the woman lying in front of us. Waiting what's going to happen next. And then she opened her eyes,

"Are you okay? How do you feel?" I never felt so nervous about my medicine before.

She tried to get up and gave me a weak smile. "Better than before," 

I gave a relieved sigh. 

"Alright now you know we're here with pure intentions, now can we all please stop being so suspicious and get on with this? God, I've never hated being in a room full of girls before." Luca said. 

"Can you stand?" Tanong ko sa babae. She nodded.

"I could help administer the drug. Just tell me what to do." 

"But are you really okay?" 

"I am. Please let me help. I want to get out here." 

I gave her a nod and told her what she had to do. She immediately went and injected the drug to everyone who needs it. 

"We're outside the ship,"  I heard Exene from the other line.

I gave Luca a nod. "Alright, ladies, it's going to be real messy starting here. And we're going to need skillful acting to execute this. Listen carefully," 

"Please be careful and follow the plan,"  Exene said quietly on the earpiece. 

"You got nothing to worry about, Your Grace. You forgot you have one of your Generals here with me," 

Luca grinned, "Let's get this started," 

* * *