Chapter Five

My head was buzzing. What did Alec mean when he said he doesn't believe in gender love? I've heard of that before but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called!

Even though Alec's words were in my head the whole study hall, I had to think about Brenda too. I hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble. She was probably fuming at Billy.

The word punched me in the face. "Pansexual!” I yelled and slapped my forehead. "Duh," I shook my head and laughed.

"Mr. Anderson I'm glad you're open with yourself but refrain from shouting."

"Oh no," I blushed as the kids in my study hall stared at me. "I'm not... uh... never mind."

I sank in my seat and watched the clock tick. When the bell rang signaling the end of the day I ran to Brenda's locker. She was talking to Jacob. "What'd you do?" I asked and she chuckled softly.

"Nothing actually," She admitted and closed her locker. "Jacob said he'd take me home, you have to stay here don't you?” I nodded and she smiled. "I'll see you after the game," she kissed my cheek and I sighed.

Shit no! I won't see her! "Brenda..." I let my voice die out as I realized she was too far away.

I walked to my locker and felt my cheeks go hot at the sight. Alec was standing there, all in his glory talking to Jordan. "Hey," I whispered and Rachel was grinning.

"Hey," She answered back, her eyes dancing with excitement. "Uh, I will meet you in the band room. We're going out to eat before the game." Rachel said and linked her fingers with Jordan.

"Whoa, eat healthy. I need someone to pass to!" Alec shouted as Rachel tugged Jordan away. I laughed at my friends.

"Subway Alec, chill man!” Jordan yelled back. I chuckled and opened my locker.

"So you're pansexual," I commented like it was normal to say that. Alec snickered.

"Yeah, you caught on?" I nodded my head and leaned against my locker door.

"I embarrassed myself in the process, but that happens." I laughed and again watched the little note flutter to the ground. Alec picked it up and smirked.

"You realize it only took some soap and water to get that word off?" He asked casually and I laughed.

"How would you... A... why'd you do that?” I asked frowning at him. He just laughed back and stared over at me.

"You don't deserve it and I always wondered why you never stuck up for yourself but I found out today. They beat you up if you say something, and they taunt you if you don’t." I nodded my head. "Those pigs,” He huffed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Do people know about you?” I asked and he looked at me, his dark hair hung in his blue eyes and I really had to resist the urge to push it out.

"Some, only my close friends," He shrugged and looked around. "I don't usually date in town, but I really need to change that soon." He whispered and bit his lip as he smiled at me.

My cheeks went bright red and I busied myself with looking through my locker again.

I closed it softly and turned to him. "Did you drive today?” He asked and I shook my head. "Okay good, I got my car back from the shop last night so I'll meet you after the game.” I grabbed his arm quickly.

"My parents, Liam and his fiancée, Brenda... everyone is going to be here for me. They're supposed to take me home, so you might have to meet them if you want to bring me to your house." I laughed at how crazy it was to tell Alec Deere that... god my heart was beating fast.