𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE RAZOR CREST JUMPED into hyperspace just when Ran's space station was hit by several X-Wings.

Things didn't go well at the prison ship.

Turns out that the rescue group was breaking out a notorious prisoner and they all wanted to put Mando and Aeryn in danger.

The pair was skilled and smart enough not to get caught by their trap. Xi'an, Burg, and Mayfeld were all locked up in Qin's cell while Zero was shot in the head with Mando's blaster.

Aeryn sat in the passenger seat, caressing the resting child in her arms.

Mando was piloting the ship and carefully unscrewed a knob from a lever. It was the knob that the child always wanted to play with.

"I knew it was a bad idea." Mando stated, slightly turning around to hand the knob to the child.

The child cooed in Aeryn's arms as it reached for it. A small, genuine smile plastered on Aeryn's face. She shifted her gaze from the adorable child to Mando.

"I never really liked them." Aeryn admitted, looking at Mando's eyes.

"Yeah, that's what I figured." Mando replied and turned his attention back to piloting the ship.

Aeryn's eyebrows furrowed. She can somehow sense that Mando seemed a little...odd.

Even back in the prison ship, Aeryn noticed that Mando couldn't look her way for long. He always found a way to turn his attention on anything but Aeryn.

Something was wrong.

"Mando," Aeryn called for him and yet, Mando was still watching as they jump through hyperspace. "Is there something bothering you?"

Aeryn's question caught Mando off guard. Indeed, there was something lingering in his mind but he was uncertain of how to deal with it.

Especially when it involved his true name. His previous life.

Mando didn't know how to deal with the fact that he is the one Aeryn have been looking for all her life.

The person behind all the sacrifices she have made. The reason why she chose to live an unstable life, traveling from one planet to another, rather than just settling somewhere safe.

She had been looking for him and had no idea that she already found him. The moment she decided to look for the child, her dream came true.

That was what bothered Mando the most. He felt guilty and yet, he didn't want for her to be involved with his...dangerous life. He didn't want for Aeryn to always face harm's way.

Mando couldn't bear to think of that.

"I'm fine." Mando replied, still looking at the scene in front of his eyes. "Just...tired."

"Mando, you should take some rest." Aeryn told him as she helped the child play with the knob.

"We can't really afford that right now." Mando pressed some controls and they were out of hyperspace now.

Once again, they were in the middle of outer space, just flying around to an unknown path.

"Mando," Aeryn called for him as she stood up from her seat. The child cooed in her arms.

The Mandalorian turned around to see Aeryn standing from her seat. She had her right hand outstretched to him while the child was still playing with the knob in her left arm.

"Come on, you need rest." Aeryn told him, waiting for him to reach for her hand.

Mando let out a sharp sigh before turning the Razor Crest's autopilot on. He stood up from his seat and carefully took Aeryn's hand.

A small smile appeared on Aeryn's face as she felt Mando's gloved hand on her palm.

She led him to the opposite corner of the cockpit where there was a small space but was enough for the two of them to rest at.

Mando sat on the corner, leaning his back onto the wall of the ship. Aeryn, on the other hand, sat on his right as the child rested in her arms.

It wasn't much but for the pair, it was enough.

Aeryn turned her head to Mando's direction and saw that his attention was on the child, watching it fall asleep in Aeryn's arms. A small smile appeared on her lips.

Mando's eyes shifted from the child to Aeryn who was smiling. Once again, he found himself lost in her deep, violet eyes.

"What is it?" Mando asked Aeryn as she continued smiling.

"Right now, this moment...I wish it never ends." Aeryn answered, looking at where she knew Mando's eyes were. "This is enough. At least, for me." she added.

"This..is enough for me too." Mando replied, cherishing every detail of that very moment.

"I guess that makes two of us." Aeryn turned to look down at the child and saw that it was watching the two of them. "Or three." a chuckle left her lips.

Aeryn turned to look back at Mando. He was still watching her, taking in all facial details of the girl in front of him. Every bit. Then his eyes fell onto the small, healing cut on the side of her forehead.

Mando lifted his left hand and reached for it. He gently touched the healing cut, caressing it. Mando couldn't help but feel guilty.

The reason behind that wound was because she returned to Toro, alone. He wasn't there and he felt responsible for it.

"How are you feeling?" Mando asked, his eyes on Aeryn.

"Good. It's healing just fine." Aeryn answered.

Mando seemed to keep his attention onto the scar and that was enoguh for Aeryn to understand what Mando was thinking about.

"You don't have to worry, Mando. It's okay. I'm okay." Aeryn reached for his hand on her forehead and gently placed it down. "We're okay."

"I'm sorry. I should've been there." Mando apologized and that caught Aeryn off guard.

"No, Mando. It's not your fault. Things happen and Toro was just stupid enough to let this happen." Aeryn gently reached for the side of his helmet and kissed his cheek. "It's not your fault. Trust me."

Mando watched Aeryn as her lips slowly started to form a small, genuine smile. It wasn't the first time that he felt at ease by Aeryn's side but every time he does, it always feels like it is.

"Now, why don't you close your eyes and rest?" Aeryn asked him as she caressed the cheek of his beskar helmet.

Mando, then, gently leaned his head on Aeryn's shoulder. He stayed like that for a few moments but realized how heavy it might be to Aeryn.

Though she didn't complain, he somehow knew and he didn't want that.

"I'll take my helmet off." Mando told her as he sat properly.

Aeryn was taken aback by Mando's words but was able to get her composure back.

"Okay." Aeryn replied, closing her eyes.

"I trust you."

"I know."

With Aeryn's words, Mando carefully took his helmet off and placed it onto his lap. He, then, gently leaned his head onto Aeryn's shoulder, once again.

Aeryn, with her free hand, held the side of Mando's face, caressing. Though she wasn't able to see his face, his fluffy hair was enough to make her smile.

Mando didn't feel threatened by Aeryn's actions. In fact, it soothed him.

Before they even knew it, the pair was quickly asleep along with the child in Aeryn's lap. None of them was able to say it but moments like these were enough for them.

They were contented.