Chapter 15

Thankfully Min-Sun and Mi-Rae were none the wiser during our supper.  It was actually quite boring, and I was disappointed in the fact that my brother was now sounding more and more political like my father and Mi-Rae was still as quiet as ever...at least in front of Min-Sun.  I lingered behind after Min-Sun left us so that I would get her alone.     As soon as Mi-Rae knew that we were actually alone she locked the door to the room to avoid any unwanted interruptions.   

   "I knew you were too quiet at lunch and dinner,"  I told her as she checked the other door to the room to make sure that it was also locked.

    "I had to be sure that no one else was listening.  Min-Sun doesn't want me telling you this...but mother's condition is getting worse.   She's struggling to get out of bed.  I'm so thankful to have Hoseok let me visit her, I'm actually going home to the manor after we are done here...but we're not telling Min-Sun because he reports everything to father and father has been trying to keep everyone believing that mother is on the mend."   She informed me.

     "Are you serious?  Why is he doing that?"  I asked clearly upset by the news.

     "I don't know for sure.  I'm thinking that it might be because he doesn't want our family to look weak, especially when we are in such an important place politically right now, with my upcoming marriage to Hoseok, and now there is talk that Min-Sun is going to be betrothed to Princess Min Mi-lee of the Keun Kingdom since she got kicked out of the Collection and with you still being in the Collection and a favorite of Park Jimin's to win,"  replied Mi-Rae seriously. 

    "Nothing is guaranteed.  There is a chance that I don't get selected to be one of the next princesses of Bangtan."  I reminded her.  She gave me a knowing look. 

    "Are you saying that you don't like the prince?"  she asked as she cocked her head to the side.

"What?  No, I'm not saying that!"  I explained.

    "So you do like him!?  I knew it!"  she grinned.  

"Mi-rae!"  I exclaimed in embarrassment as I covered my red face.

    "I don't even know how I feel right now, besides, my feelings don't matter.  I don't have the same kind of power that the other girls in the competition have since I'm not a princess."  I reminded her.

   "You and I both know that doesn't really matter here, especially to the younger two princes."  scoffed Mi-Rae with an eye roll.   "Besides, Hoseok's friends with Jimin he told me that he predicts that Jimin will choose you."  

     "That's also what I'm worried about...Mi-rae what if he does choose me.  I don't know how to be a princess, I barely can even be considered a lady of the court.  I wasn't raised to be a princess.  To be honest I expected the father to try and marry me off to some boring lord to make me in charge of a household...as boring as that sounds.  I was hoping that I would be able to join the Royal Dance Troupe and go on tour for a few years before getting married....I'm not ready to get married!"  I panicked.  Mi-Rae grabbed me by the shoulders tightly.

   "Get yourself together, (y/n)!"  she hissed at me.  "whether you like it or not there is a good chance that you will be one of the next princesses of Bangtan and possibly even Queen.  You need to think about this.   Start playing the game now, or all you will ever be is a pawn."   I was quiet for a moment as I processed my sister's words of advice.  She was right.  I needed to stop reacting to my situation and begin acting how I need to right now.  Her words "Start playing the game now, or all you will ever be is a pawn."  rang in my head.  

     "What do you think I should do?"  I asked quietly.

"Well, in my opinion from being someone who is soon to be married, make sure you really start to get to know your soon-to-be partner...like I said, I'm thankful to have Hoseok.  I'm also very lucky since he actually cares about me as a person and not as an object,"  she informed me.  I nodded.  I didn't think that if I did end up possibly marrying Jimin that he would treat me like an object...but I also thought about it and I felt like I didn't know Jimin that well either...I was still a little sore about his outburst earlier.  

     "I wouldn't be too worried about that, but make sure that you keep an eye on everyone and everything that is going on here in the castle...you never know who might be an enemy.  Sometimes they are closer than you think,"  she warned me as she walked towards the door and unlocked it.   "I'm sorry to cut our time short, but if you are here too long it might be suspicions...Min-Sun has eyes and ears everywhere, even the guards and servants,"  she whispered to me as she walked me to the door before opening it.  

    "Be careful.  Good luck.  I will let you know when I get home and how our mother is doing."  she whispered quickly before pulling away and smiling.

    "Thank you, Good-bye sister."  I thanked her aloud in front of the guards before departing from her and heading towards my own room.  My personal guard who had been waiting outside the door trailing closely behind me.  

    "Are you turning in for the night, M'lady?"  asked my guard, Leu.

"Yes, I believe so.  It is getting late and I have to be up early for breakfast before I have an early practice for my solo before lunch.  Will you be accompanying me tomorrow or will is be Tanya?"  I asked him.

    "I believe it will be Ms. Tanya.  I have the day off tomorrow and plan to go into town...is there anything there that you might need?"  he asked me.  I was on friendly terms with all of my personal guards.  It wasn't hard since I only had two that would rotate and I had a nightguard that would guard my room while I slept, but I never really saw them.  

    "No, I do not, but, I will give you some money when we get to my room.  Buy yourself a meal for me."  I smiled at him.

     "Oh, you don't need to do that Lady Nai."  he said quickly as we walked to my room.

"Please just call me (y/n) when we're not on official business, and I insist.  You and Tanya both do an amazing job keeping up with me and keeping me safe.  Its the least I can do."  I insisted.  He smiled at me.

   "Alright, (y/n)."  he replied with a smile as we arrived at me room.  

"Okay, wait here."  I told him.  I quickly darted into my room and grabbed some money and gave him enough to get a good meal.  

    "Thank you, (y/n)  I will see you again in two days." he bowed as the night guard came down the hall and took his station by my door.  

    "Goodnight Leu."  I called as he left me and I went back into my room.  I was ready for sleep and it didn't take long for me to pass out on my bed.  I couldn't help but have my sisters words reecho in my head "Start playing the game now, or all you will ever be is a pawn.".