An Experience

Demetria's P.O.V.:

We continue walking through the streets of Gotham City. And so, far, it has been quite an experience. People were screaming at each other, whether it would be profanities, compliments, or sexual comments. Walking further down the streets were diners and cafes with their doors open, letting the mouth-watering aroma of food out into the public.

Damian and I would stop now and then, looking through the glass of stores and restaurants, admiring everything on the other side. Well, mostly me than Damian, but we're in this together. 

"We're nearly at the intersection," Damian says after walking for what seems forever. 

I stop in front of a store, that displayed all kinds of instruments. Damian hasn't noticed that I took a shortstop, but luckily that shortstop wasn't for long. As I walk to catch up to Damian, I am pulled by the arm into a dark alleyway next to the instrument shop and thrown onto the ground next to a dumpster surrounded by three older boys.

"What should we do with her," says boy #1, putting his hand up against the wall, and leaning down towards me, trapping me. He pulls out a switch knife and caresses my cheek with the blade. I look at him, dead in the eyes, as he does this.

"How about we have some fun," says boy #2. All of the boys chuckle simultaneously.

Boy #3 walks up to me and forcefully grabs my arm, pulling me up. Once I'm on my feet, I twist his arm behind his back and pin him against the wall.

"Kinky," I hear him whisper. 

Before I knew it, he sweeps my feet, catching me off guard. I land on my but, but roll backward not a second later and straight onto my feet, into a fighting position. Boy #2 comes at me with punches the strength and speed of an underdeveloped child. I continue to dodge his punches until I get bored. As I'm dodging his punches, Boy #3 comes from behind me. He runs up behind me and attempts to grab my torso. As his arms come together to wrap around my torso, I jump high enough to avoid his arms and Boy #2's punches. Boy #2, end up punching #3 in the face, sending him unconscious. I land on top of the dumpster in a crouched position.

"You gonna get it now kid," #2 growls. I stand up and extend my arm and hand towards him, taunting him to attack me. 

He runs up to me screaming and readies his arm to punch me. Once he's close enough I leap over him, using his shoulders as support, I put all of my weight onto my arms, and using my momentum, I slam his head onto the dumpster. Once I have landed, I look around to admire my work. I dust off my hands, walking back to the streets.

"You forgot about me."

I turn around to meet eyes with Boy #1, who's currently running up to me with a knife in hand. He swings the knife and I barely dodge it. He cuts my cheek and I hiss at the unexpected sting. If I didn't move at all, he would've sliced my eye.

"In pain kid?" He slowly walks over to me, "I'll make sure you won't live to see tomorrow." 

"That won't be necessary," a voice says from behind him. He turns around and sees Damian scowling at him.

"Get out of her kid, the girls mine," #1 says.

"My sister is not an object to be toyed with," Damian screams leaping at the boy.

The boy screams in terror and falls onto the floor with Damian on top of him. He tries to fight Damian off, but Damian being the more experienced fighter, continues to beat him to a pulp. I stood there, watching the scene unfold. No one came into save the boy being beaten to a pulp by someone half his size. No one glanced this way. No one cared.