Part 42: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

"Mother, you are here. Do you by chance know where is father?"

Soliard came in to the Queen's quarters unannounced. Not like she minds and continued on choosing her jewelry and outfit to start her day.

The castle starts the day early and all the royals and guest eat breakfast as the dawn breaks in. Everyone usually are in their comfortable attire and eat leisurely on the breakfast table with an occasional arguments between the king and queen of Spades.

When they decide who is the winner of the morning argument, they adjourned themselves in usual bad terms and continue to start their days.

"Isn't he in his office, per usual?"

The Queen doesn't seek the king's company through out the day and night. More likely, they only see each other at the breakfast table and she only gather herself to seek him out afterwards, if such rare occasion she wins an argument and pursue her concerns further.

Her concerns are always about the cries of the Nobles of Spades. Spade had tremendously change when Joseph sat on the throne with his royal consort, Lady Magdalene.

The nobles find it unfair that the commoners are able to stepped in to their society. It is okay for them if it is only one or two but they come in groups and protect themselves from being mistreated and bullied. It seems that was an idea from the consort herself and it did not help the nobles when the king himself appointed the new judges to his own royal court.

"He called it royal court but it tends to the commoners needs."

"Mother?"

"No, I am just still despondent about the argument this morning at the breakfast table."

"Mother, you should quit fighting with father, it doesn't look good for me."

"Forgive me my son, however, I cannot just stay still and let the commoners be conceited. They should know where they belong. And I do not want your reign to be full of mudded blooded people."

Soliard sat on the couch and glanced at the ladies in waiting and gave them the look to get out. When the two are alone, Soliard continue the conversation.

"How are the plans."

"It is going smoothly. There are good movements at the border and it seems the prime minister already took the bait and informed the Emperor and the kings."

"In a year or two, father will not have a choice but join the war. How was the king of Clover?"

"The queen is set to die as soon as Joseph stepped into the war."

"Is it guaranteed that the King of Clover will die?"

"According to the queen of Clover, the King of Clover is smitten with her, and he is unwilling to find another queen in spite of her not being able to conceived an heir."

"With this the poison will kill the King of Clover."

"The same poison that kills all the Emperors of the Empire and..."

"And?"

The queen fell in silence. It is the truth that she had hidden from her son. Her older sister, Roseanne, is the queen before her and the mother of Prince Kahel. Anne suppossedly to marry Joseph and become the Duchess of Spade when Joseph who is the second son becomes the Duke of Scorpio, the Archduke of Spade. However, Joseph left Spade, leaving Anne to rot in Heart country, for her only purpose in life is to marry a royal from Spade, which is Joseph.

Anne was depressed and lost all meaning to her life. The heart country raised their princesses to be the empress, queens and duchess of the Empire. She hated Joseph even though, she was forced to learn to love him as she was growing up.