Chapter 35

Elementally Gifted

NIJIKA P.O.V.

"You better keep your promise," Sorata sternly stated as he stood in front of me.

My older brother had his arm crossed in front of his chest, as he looked down at me, his green eyes filled with worry.

"Un, I will, what are you going to do from now Sorata-nii? You were only here to have a chat with Silva-San and Zeno-San right?" I questioned curiously, tilting my head to the side, "Are you going to go hunting for some criminals?"

I scratched my head slightly, almost forgetting I was wearing a wig. Though I was sure it wouldn't come off because Sorata did something with nen. He told me it wouldn't come off unless someone with nen as strong or stronger as me grabbed the hair.... I'm not going near anyone with this god damn wig...

"Oi, you're blanking out again," I blinked before sending Sorata a apologetic look.

My older brother rolled his green eyes, "One day you're going to be daydreaming and get yourself killed for being distracted," Sorata grumbled, "I was saying that I'm going to go look for my partner, and we'll go to York Shin."

Partner? I immediately became confused.

"Since when do you have a partner? And why York Shin?" I voiced my question out loud.

The brunette smirked as he wrapped a arm around my shoulder, "He took the Hunter's exam with me and passed, ever since then he works with me as a black list hunter."

"Then why York Shin?"

Sorata looked at me and sighed, "Are you kidding me? It's a once in an year auction, criminals all over the world would be gathering, it's a perfect place for a black list hunter to stay and hunt."

"Oh.. Psh, I knew that," I state as I purposely flip the silver hair over my shoulder and acted bratty.

Sorata chuckled at my behavior, amused by my acting, "That's a good way to act in front of people you don't know, disguise~!"

I nodded my head in agreement, though being bratty may be annoying and tiring.... Staying silent may be better....

"Anyways, since I'll be in York shin by next week, if something does happen, in the worst case call me," Sorata commanded as he gave me a look.

I sighed, slightly annoyed how protective my older brother was being. I was living by myself for the past what? Twelve years? I'm pretty sure I could survive perfectly fine on my own....

I had to cut my brother off from rambling as I slipped on my backpack on. In it was an extra pare of disguise clothes and my precious comfortable clothes and sneakers. Tsubone and Amane made sure not to forget to get me a new hat as well!

"Alright, Sora-nii, I'll see you soon! I want to meet your partner by the way, I'm curious. I didn't know there were other beings excluding me who can tolerate you."

I laughed as the brown haired man frowned and playfully shoved my shoulder lightly.

At that moment, I noticed the Zoldyck family walking out of their mansion. Well at least few of the Zoldyck.

Silva-San and Zeno-San stood next to each other in a proud stance, while Kalluto and Kikyo stood next to them.

Behind them was Goto, Tsubone, and Amane. There were few other butlers but I never really gotten the chance to ever know them.

"Thank you for letting me stay again Silva-San," I thanked the large man, smiling in appreciation.

The silver haired man chuckled and looked at me with feline eyes that his son inherited, "It was our pleasure," the man chuckled into his hand as he looked at me, "I do have to say you look like a child of my own with this disguise."