56

***

And I would fight on a wall

Even though I'd fall and bruise

It's still something I would do for you

***

"Hurry up, we're going to miss our reservations," Maya says while running out of the bathroom.

"I am, just give me 2 minutes." Timothée shouts across the hotel room. Maya walks towards him, "You look fine, why do you take so long."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Timothée mumbles while trying to fix his hair.

"Please tell me this is a joke. Your hair looks the same every day." Maya furrows her eyebrows.

"This strand of hair won't go in place, it is going the opposite direction." He looks in the mirror and wraps the curl around his finger.

"You look amazing." Maya places a quick kiss on his cheek before walking away from him.

"Is it me or do we always eat pasta?" Maya asks Timothée.

"Well, you do like eating Italian food. Plus we came to Italy for you to enjoy the food and scenery." He shrugs his shoulders before grabbing his phone off the table.

"Timothée Hal Chalamet, are you calling me fat?" She raises her hand to her chest and fakes a hurt expression.

"Perhaps I am, you'll never know." Timothée raises his left hand and smirks. "Excuse me but you should not be talking. You've literally eaten an entire cake in one sitting." Maya smacks his chest before smiling.

"Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."  He says again, pretending like he was clueless.

"Oh really, are you sure about that? For now, don't expect me to bake anything since no one is going to be eating it." Maya nibbles on her lip to stop herself from smiling.

"I'm just joking, please don't stop making cookies." The color of his skin pales at her statement.

"Oh that is funny, I thought I heard something. It must have been the wind." Maya raises an eyebrow and looks around the room to tease him.

Timothée leans forward and places a kiss on her temple. Maya freezes in her spot, she had not expected him to do that.

"Come on, let's go." Timothée holds his hand out for Maya to grab.

***

Maya chews her food slowly while looking at Timothée from across the table. The bracelet in her pocket felt like it was burning a hole through the jacket.

She was not sure if giving it to him now was smart or just dumb. What if he didn't actually like the bracelet?

Maybe it is just the overthinking, Maya tells herself. There is no way that he would hate it, right?

Maya tries to shake the thoughts out her head and takes another bite of her chicken. Timothée is too focused on drinking his wine to notice how terrified Maya looks now.