Chapter 14: Regine Megan Wood

[3rd person POV]

The sudden action of Marcus caused their classmates to worry. Marcus didn't bother to bully anyone ever since Rick apologized to him. Then why did he ask for Regine? Regine is the most friendly person in their class. Though she ranked lowest in their class everytime, everyone was still kind to her and help her to study their subjects.

She was called "Gin" by her classmates as an endearment. But they didn't expect that Marcus will get mad at Regine after all, she didn't made anyone angry.

Some of them speculated.

"Did Gin bother Marcus?" One of them spoke

The second person shook her head, "I don't know, I am worried for Gin now. Is Marcus reverting back to his old self?"

Their other friend hold her head, trying to assess the situation. "No way!!! He became tolerable right now. I hate experiencing that 'lowly peasant' treatment again"

"We need to brace ourselves right now, especially our friend Gin, after all the type of person that Marcus hates the most is not being smart"

---

Marcus and Regine are now at the rooftop of the school. Regine is now shaking because the class' bully, Marcus is now in front of him with a stare that is enough to wet herself

"D-did I a-anger you,Marcus?" She is now trembling while crying

He lazily stared at Regine, "I'm not going to eat you so ease up. I just need to ask you something."

"Eh?"

"Who won in the girl's tournament yesterday? It is you right? I missed your tournament since I'm at infirmary", Marcus wanted to assure himself that everything was still under control.

"Y-yes I-i am..I am!" She suddenly raised her voice, trying to affirm her statement.

Marcus sigh with a relief since the flow of story didn't change drastically as what he thought.

"Then I will go now." Marcus told Regine

Regine is doubting at Marcus' action since she knew that he hated people like her, being an idiot. "I-is that all? I thought you are going to bully me since I always got the lowest score in our exams"

"No, I won't. I just want to confirm something", Marcus said and went to the rooftop door

Before he returned to the classroom, he turn around to Regine and said
"And I don't think you are dumb, based on how you answered our instructors you are good explaining things but you just mess it up later on."

As Marcus closed the door, he couches  down and let out a relief sigh that I didn't go the same way as that time with George. But sadly, he didn't gather new information about her.

Surviving his first year before the main plot unfold is a huge task for him.

"I'll just plan something later on if I do something recklessly, my head will  never be on my neck now", Marcus stood and dust himself off, leaving Regine on the rooftop.

--

When Regine noticed that Marcus was already gone, she headed to the railing and whistled to the sky. Few seconds later, a flapping sound resonates the place. A raven flew to her and landed to her shoulder.

" Is that person still on the meeting?",Regine asked the bird that was  comfortably standing on her shoulder.

The bird responded with a cry, trying to confirm her question.

She clicked her tongue in annoyance, "Doing stupid decisions once again, if I were in that person's place then we don't have to do idiotic things."

Regine then pulled out a small piece of paper and pen to write something and tied it on the crow's leg.

"Then deliver it to that person" she ordered and the crow made a sound again before flew to the sky.

"Did I got caught already?" She muttered to herself.

"I thought being naïve will let me be unnoticed to everyone. No one  noticed that I am acting so I thought it was fine". She put her hand on her cheek and chuckled, "That Marcus was really something, huh? He can even piqued my interest which is hard to do"

She smiled to herself

"Hmm.. Should I recruit him?"

--
Author's note:

Thank you for reading my work!! I was surprised that it gained views and votes. I started this because of quarantine.

I wish you safety to the ongoing pandemic. Thanks again!