Chapter 1 - To begin

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Cold.

That's how Saiph felt, even though she had been up in space a few times, she still had trouble staying warm. Her nerves didn't help much either. Considering the fact that one minute, she was in a room full of kids her age under Master Yoda's eye, then the next, she was in a shuttle full of clones who she didn't know, on her way to a republic cruiser.

Saiph brushed the invisible dirt off her robes. She wore a beige/white one piece jumper with a brown cloak overtop of her tunic that was tied with an obi around her waist. Her hair, which was in a short ponytail, along with he Padawan braid that hung behind her ear.

I hope I look good enough for this. She thought. She didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb on the first day, as much as it was inevitable.

Her eyes darted at the clones around her, all clad in white and yellow armour, she had trouble finding out who was who. The only one without his helmet indentified himself as Commander Cody when they picked her up. He was tall, with brown eyes and a straight face. She wouldn't deny it that she could tell he was very loyal to his purpose.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

{flashback} 

"I am Commander Cody, here to pick up uh-" he looked down at his holopad, "a Saiph Carian?"

Saiph looked up at the clone as she stood in front of Master Plo Koon, with his hand on her shoulder. Once she hear her name, she looked up at him for permission to go. Maybe if she couldn't see his mouth, she could tell he was smiling. Covering her anxiety, she softly smiled.

"Do you have everything you need with you Padawan?"

"Yes master." Saiph said whole looking down at her small bag she had in both of her hands.

"You will get used to them in no time young one." Plo Koon said as he knelt down, "If I know you, you'll be running about in no time with no worries at all."

"I just want to make a good impression." Saiph said, as she quickly fiddled with the straps of the satchel onto her shoulder.

"In which you will succeed. Why do you think you were assigned to Master Kenobi?"

Saiph smiled and looked up at the Master again as he stood up.

"Saiph, now is the time you must go."

Saiph looked the clone who had the holopad, he looked to her and nodded. She quickly bowed before turning and walking away towards the ships doors.

"May the force be with you." Was the last thing she heard before the doors closed

*End of flashback*

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

She was brought out of her thoughts when Cody, who was standing in front of her as she sat, spoke "So uh, how does this Padawan process work anyway?"

Saiph looked up, "Usually, the younglings, as I used to be one, would be chosen after several tests by a jedi master. But, the war seems to have changed it to being assigned for the time being."

"Well, I'd say you're lucky kid, General Kenobi is one of the best Jedi I know."

Saiph smiled, she'd heard of the infamous Master Kenobi. He apparently killed a Sith Lord when he was still a Padawan. When she heard that she was being assigned to him, she was surprised that she got chosen to be his Padawan of all the Jedi out there.

She quickly responded after a few seconds of thought, "Yes, I've heard many things, I'm surprised he even has time for a Padawan."

Cody only chuckled, "I think you're gonna find that he has time for many things."

Before she could speak, she the door to the cock pit opened and another clone stepped out, except he was wearing a grey suit, something of a pilot.

"We are about to exit hyperspace sir." The clone said. He was standing very straight, Saiph thought.

"Right," Cody turned to the other clones "alright men, get ready!"

Soon she felt the ship start to slow and lower, with a groaning thunk, they had landed.