Chapter 3

Before lunch ended, Jihoon gave directions for Y/N's next class which was Korean. When she stepped inside the classroom, she saw Jimin already sitting at a desk in the back by himself. She thought it was weird he was the first to show up to class since he's usually late.

"Oh, hi, Jimin... how come you are early for this class? Is the teacher really that austere? Now I'm actually scared..." Y/N quipped as she took a seat beside him, remembering about Jihoon describing his teacher as immensely strict.

"Yes, he can be, but if you've heard it from Jihoon, you guys are talking about completely different people. His teacher is Ms. Bum and she is a nightmare. Why are you sitting here?" Jimin rested his face upon the wooden desk, making 'adequate' eye contact with her for the first time.

"I just wanna sit with you, okay? Can we be friends?" Y/n smiled and stuck her hand out, hoping he would shake it this time. Jimin looked at her sceptically and turned away from her, focusing on the window. "Oh, come on!" Y/N whined in frustration, "Why can't you just say yes?" she groaned.

Gosh, he's so difficult

She thought. Right when she was about to try persuading him again, the teacher and students started walking into the classroom.

"Hello, you must be An Y/N, I'm your Korean teacher, Mr. Yang!" he greeted her, seemingly to be an amiable person. But she also thought it would be better to show him her polite side rather than funny; there must be a reason why Jimin said he can be stringent. She bowed in response and greeted him back, luckily, Y/N didn't need to introduce herself again since everyone already knew her name.

"So here are the directions for today," Mr. Yang began as he quelled the class into serenity with his presence at his desk. "You'll have to write a story with one of these three genres: romance, fantasy or dystopia, and you'll do this task with your desk mate. Based on which genre you choose, I'll give you a topic and you'll write a story," he explained and paused for a little to observe his students' either curious, intrigued or apathetic expressions.

"Your story has to be like a book, so a minimum of two hundred pages. This should be turned in by the first week of the third trimester," he continued. "Meaning you have almost the whole school year to work on it. You have this trimester and the next one, it is equivalent to around six months. It's an interesting assignment, right?" Mr. Yang paused once again as he made sure that what he was saying was valid by looking through his calendar on his wooden desk.

"You have fifteen minutes to talk with your partner to decide on a genre and maybe plan a rough schedule on when you guys can meet after school. I'm giving you class time only once a week, and every two weeks both you and your partner will write me a report of how you are progressing with your story. I'll give you more detailed instructions later on. The 15 minutes timer starts now!" he grinned and set his students off.

Y/N turned to look at Jimin and saw him rolling his eyes at the smiling teacher, "These genres are so freaking doltish..." he grumbled, "Since I have to get good grades, I'll have to contribute to the project... let's organize this. When and where do you want to meet?" Jimin asked, sounding so afflicted.

"How about we meet every Friday? We can go for one week to your house and the next to mine, then your house, then mine again, etc..." Jimin nodded, not intending to combat Y/N's proposal and deciding to just go with it. "Which genre should we do? I really dislike dystopia and especially fantasy, but if you want to do any of them..."

"I hate them too... they are so boring... Not as if romance is that much better, but probably at least a bit better. Are you okay with it?"

Jimin looked so demure and cute as he kept looking down and speaking in that low voice of his, he almost totally contrasted Jihoon. His brother's voice was more neutral-sounding, not really feminine, nor exactly masculine, but Jimin's voice was low and quiet. Even though it still had that neutral sound which was the only thing that made them sound similar.