•⊱•••• 32 ••••⊰•

"Sanshine?" Yunho called with disbelief, he couldn't believe his eyes. It was impossible right?

He'd waited so long, so very long for San to appear. There had been countless nights of wishing, praying, longing for San's return and now he was just here, on the ground, laughing hysterically in the rain and still looking as beautiful as the day they parted.

Yunho was stunned, not even the chill of the skies could interrupt this moment.

All the love he had been storing and holding onto for years was seeping into his body charging him at full force.

Yunho looked down at San analysing him as if he were comparing and updating all data he had in his mind about the one and only Sanshine. San had aged, but he still had a youthfulness to his features. He was in a strange position on the ground but he looked beautiful and handsome never the less.

Yunho's heart clenched in his chest and regret swelled in his soul over every time he'd tried to forget San, to get over him and move on, and also at the realisation that clearly San had been the one he had hit with his car.

They could have met again anywhere at any time but the universe had decided that this was the moment; in Jongho's school, in the rain, with San colliding with his car and to be honest scaring the daylights out of Yunho.

Yunho wondered why San was here in Jongho's school of all places? Was he picking someone up?

Yunho bit his lip, he always relied on San to protect him when they were younger but right now he felt the need to protect San.

Without hesitation Yunho dropped to his knees and as he was doing so San's eyes opened and looked at him.

"Sanshine?" Yunho felt himself saying once again, that nickname meant just as much to Yunho as it did to San himself.

This was all so surreal and Yunho wondered whether maybe he was seeing things.

As soon as his knees hit the ground San shot upwards, his hysterical laughter swallowed by silence. Within seconds San had pushed him backwards and was atop of him. Yunho ignored the jagged pain of gravel against his back, he didn't deserve to care considering he'd hit the love of his life with his car only moments before.

Yunho's mouth dropped open, all further words getting stuck in his throat as San face hovered only millimetres above his own. That proximity and the weight of San's body atop his own set him alight with a deep fire the burnt from the top of his head down to the tip of his toes

Did San still love him? Did San still care for him? A part of Yunho knew the answer; if San was in another relationship Yunho knew that San would not have pounced on him just now, his face would not be so close to his own. Yunho knew all too well of San's loyalty, not once in the time he had known San when they were younger did Sans eyes stray. San only ever had eyes for Yunho and Yunho knew it.

Yunho's face felt hot as San's eyes bore into his own as if he were searching for something. To make sense of everything just as Yunho was trying to do as well.

Yunho stilled as San's hand reached up, his fingers gracing his forehead delicately as he pushed his hair out of his eyes. Yunho didn't even know that it had been bothering him until San fixed it. San knew him so well, even after all this time had passed, and Yunho felt a smile grow on hip lips as he looked up at San.

Suddenly San brushed his lips against Yunho's like a snowflake touching down against the soft fur of a velvet hare. But it wasn't enough, and clearly San felt the same way as in mere seconds they were kissing, passionately. It was as if no time had passed between when they departed till now when they were reunited.

The pain and hurt Yunho had been brewing & storing for the past 9 years over the loss of San melted away. There was no pain anymore, only a growing feeling of love and happiness.

San himself was the key to Yunho's soul and everything good.

Forgetting where they are Yunho grabbed San and flipped them so he was now on top and had San pinned to the ground. He stared down at San and San's eyes fluttered open as he traced a finger down the smallers jaw.

Yunho breathed a long, happy, relieved sigh "I missed you Sanshine"

San's eyes looked back up "I missed you too" San said.

Yunho felt his heart sing. San missed him too? Yunho was about to apologise for hitting him with his car but San's next words stopped and confused him.

"Yun I'm an idiot"

"No you're not. Don't say that" Yunho felt himself say, why was San saying that?

"But I am. I'm such a fucking idiot you don't even know" San sobbed.

He hadn't seen him in 9 years but it was like he never left. Looking at San now, as stupid as it sounds, even after all these years Yunho could still read San like a book and he could tell that San was legitimately distressed. Yunho could only wonder why?

Yunho noted the way San shivered and he sat up immediately pulling San with him and onto his feet.

Yunho looked around completely ignoring the fact that he had Yeonjun and Jongho sitting waiting in his car. He spotted a little under cover section and he took San's hand in his pulling him over to it so they could talk and not be further drenched then they already were by the rain.

A/n Thank you for 10k!!!!