𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXII

No regrets.

I inhaled my coffee to clear my mind while massaging my temples. Seriously, why am I facing stress the first day of the week?

Not my thing, of course, but I just cut class. For the first time in forever. Why? Because a bitch have to ruin everything for me.

I finally got the chance to enter the Dance Club again after one of the core members for the upcoming event took a leave, she went to see her grandma. Of course a lot of people recommended me, I am one if not the best they can get at this point, but Suzy... That damn skeleton. She didn't accept me, since I "lack" of something I'm sure she just made up.

Feeling annoyed and hot-headed, I can't bear to see her on PE so I decided to fake cramps and went to the clinic. After a minute or two of resting I crept out to escape. What can I say but... GENIUS.

I went straight to this coffee shop to ease the bad vibes. Before classes end I should go back because I forgot my phone on my locker. Who would even contact me, I bet Chesca didn't even noticed I was missing. I chuckled, and if she ever does that would be hilarious.

My mind suddenly went blank, I feel like I'm forgetting something and I'm getting the chills. I decided to shrug it off and continue drinking the goodness that is in this cup.

That's when it started to rain, I looked outside, the pouring of rain is heavy. Is there a typhoon? The skies are dark although it's only 4 in the noon.

I sighed, I don't have any umbrella with me. I guess I'm staying here for a while?

The coffee shop is cozy and warm. Cream and beige color were everywhere. The couches are velvety, perfect place to relax. I grinned, I just hit the jackpot huh.

I crossed my legs then continued sipping on my coffee while observing the roads outside the window.

The trickling sound of the rain is like nostalgia to my ears, I can almost imagine stuff out of love story novels.

I chuckled quietly, this whole rain scenario is really getting to me huh? Like, come on, it's like I'm seeing Jed outside on his PE uniform soaking wet from the rain while running. Haha looks so real— bitch what?

Jed, in all his REAL glory entered the coffee shop, no, he CRASHED into the coffee shop.

"Lucia."

There it is. The low tone, almost growling way of him saying my name. The customers were gawking at him for a few possible reasons, maybe because he barged in pretty loudly, or was it because of his godly physique that is by the way in full display because of his wet clothes, or simply because who normal human being would never be enchanted with a face like his?

"Jed, why are you—"

He slumped down in front of me then held my jaw, somehow inspecting me.
I noticed the plastic bag on his wrist.

"I was looking for you, where's your phone?"

My mouth parted. He's looking for me while the rain is literally growling outside yet here I am warm and dry, I felt bad.

"I left it at the locker room."

I didn't even recognize my voice, it sounded... small.

Jed looks like he's about to throw more questions and scold me but he inhaled and suddenly his face softened that it also melted my heart.

"I was worried."
He sighed then grabbed the plastic bag open, he put the stuff down on the table.

"Chesca told me you were in the clinic because of cramps so I finished my PE class as soon as possible."

There were heating pads, energy drink, and chocolates. How do I tell him I'm free of cramps now since it's been 3 days since my period? Yet again, I felt bad.

"... But you weren't there so I thought you went to the comfort room. I made a quick trip to the convenience store for this."

I trapped my face with my two hands, I'm embarrassed. Moreover, I'm moved that he went out of his way for me.

"Hey, what's the matter?"
He tried removing my hands but I didn't budge.

I felt the droplets of water falling from him because he stood up towering me.

"Does it still hurt?"

I shook my head no.
"G.. get the spare hoody on my bag don't let the rain dry on you."
Was all I managed to say.

He hesitated for a while but then I heard him left.

I removed my hands from my face then blew air , hot air exactly, my cheeks were burning.

I felt someone's hand pushed my forehead pinning my head on the wall behind me.

"What the—"

"Gotchu."
Jed mumbled.

He's smiling, a charming smile that I can't resist. My pout— a hopeless try to not smile turned into a grin.

His wet hands combed my bangs, I felt they were cold must be from the rain.

He pinched my cheeks before turning his back to me and heading straight to the comfort room.

•••

"Excuse me, you did what?"
Jed looks very amused after I told him what happened, that being my little escapade.

"Don't judge me I'm stressed okay?"

He took a sip of his newly ordered coffee, to my shock, he grimaced. He pushed the mug away from him.

"That's awful."
His remark.

"What? The coffee here is great! Lemme taste."

I took a sip from the cup, and of course it tasted just fine. Good, even.
I licked my lips, he was just observing me.

"It's good—"

"Okay I'll try again."
He was quick to get the mug from me then drank from it, from exactly where I took a sip.

"Jed!"
My eyes widened, although I can't help but laugh.

He put the coffee down.
"Sure it tasted a little different, but I prefer the real deal."

His eyes drifted from mine to my lips, then back to my eyes.

"You little flirt."
Truth is, I just can't be that confident around him. When I'm with him, I feel like a kitten beside a lion that has nothing else to do but submit itself .

"I mean your coffee, how's that flirting?" He crossed his arms with an eyebrow raised. Go off, sass queen.

I just rolled my eyes at him then looked outside.

"You shouldn't have looked for me."

"And why not?"

"What if you were struck by a lightning?" Lol. Alright I know that's nonsense.

"Lucia."
His eyes caught mine, although there's a mischievous glint in his, the tone of his voice says he's dead serious.

"I will only get struck by you."