Chapter 27

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: 3rd person POV for this chapter 🤪 it's because the next one's going to switch back and forth to different POV's so take it easy for now

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

"Okay, what happened out there? You remembered who you love or something?" Tam asked as they were both resting and waiting for the results.

"More like loved." Sophie emphasized. She drank 3 elixirs in a row, finally feeling the after effects of a sudden memory surge.

"Ugh, I probably need 10 more of these." She said as she placed the now empty bottle back into her bag.

"Okay, loved it is. I bet you won't tell me since it's in the past." He said, making air quotes.

"Of course, I won't." Sophie instantly answered.

She realized that her words might be taken the wrong way so she immediately added "Not yet, I mean. At the very least, I want to remember everything first before I tell anyone." She lied.

Tam unbottoned his suit, trying to seat in a more comfortable way. "Well, I'm not asking you to tell me. I might just be able to help, you know, since you did help me back then..."
His face blushed, relieving the memory of the conversation he and Sophie had before.

Sophie nodded, acknowledging Tam's words. Sure, she's the very first person who would want some help or pieces of advices, but she can't risk it.

Tam is a trustworthy friend, and she's sure that he won't tell a soul. Yet, something inside her tells her that she needs to deal with this alone.

"Thanks, Tam. Maybe another time." She said, flashing a smile. "Anyways, you should be think about you today! That answer a while ago was for her, right? So, you're gonna... confess?" She said the last word through Telepathy.

Their bracelets have been turned off since the Q&A ended so she decided to transmit it instead of saying it out loud.

Who knows, the lucky girl Tam Song is inlove with might just suddenly barge in, right in the middle of the conversation about her.

He let out a laugh before saying "Well, if she's available by tomorrow's aurenflare. We all know she has a long line of suitors at her feet." He shrugged, not even thinking for a second that there's a line of girls that fancy him, too.

"Whatever. I already told you the magic word, so just shot your shot. I'll even help you out at the exact moment!" Sophie exclaimed, making circle gestures with her hand.

"Magic what?" Tam said, giving Sophie a "what-are-you-talking-about?" look.

Sophie deadpanned look at him and spelled "C O N F I D E N C E."

"Oh." He said, realizing that it was the cliche advice he got. "But I don't have that." He said after shaking his head.

"Shut up, Mr. Song. Should I tell you what you just blabbered up there?" Sophie said, pointing to the direction of the stage.

"What was it? 'Valentines day serve as our reminder to remember that we deserve to be loved and to love freely?'" Sophie said, mimicking his voice perfectly.

Tam shot her a glare, and she can't help but laugh. "Better than imagining sharing a mallowmelt with someone." He remarked as he rolled his eyes.

"Hey! I used your answer to help you and you ridiculed mine? What a great friend you are." It was sarcasm, but not a bad one.