Chapter Nine

Jacob kept hitting the doorbell but nobody was opening up for him. The lights seemed off. No, he can't just go without talking to her, just not this time.

He looked around for passerby that might think he's a thief and when he saw it was quiet he climbed up the gate. It wasn't really hard to do that. What's hard is to get inside Merida's room through her window.

Jacob climbed up to her not so wide balcony which she kept her plants to. He almost drops a pot of cactus, good thing he was fast.

Merida's room was dim but Jacob could see her perfectly on her bed. He tried sliding in through her window and he thank God it wasn't locked or else all that he did was for nothing.

He slipped in softly so he won't make a sound. It was a success but it seems like she was already sleeping. He pulled her swivel chair and sat on it. Just staring at Merida's back with a smile on his face. He just looks creepy.

Jacob held his breath in when Merida suddenly turned to his side. He exhaled when she was at rest again. This was a better view, he thought.

Merida just couldn't sleep, it feels like someone has their eyes on her so she woke up. She saw a figure sitting on her chair but she didn't mind it for seconds until her vision was clear.

Merida startled and rush up. She covered her front with a blanket and glares at Jacob. "What are you doing here? How–how did you get here?"

Jacob licked his lower lip before saying some words. That made Merida looked the other way.

"Why did you say that?" He asked leaning forward.

Merida fiercely looked at him. "How did you get in?"

"The window." Jacob sighed. This look on Merida's face, it means she's upset about something. "So, what are you upset about?"

"Nothing. I just realized that I shouldn't have befriended you."

Jacob stared at her for moments, processing what she just said. He frowned.

"Do you mean that?"

Merida couldn't look at Jacob's taunting eyes. She couldn't even say something and her tears are starting to form.

Jacob heavily sighed and stands up.

Merida thought he'd leave but instead, Jacob sat down on her bed, facing her. He tried to reach for her but she shoves his hands off. He's just really trying to be patient.

"I don't like the way you're acting," he muttered.

"Well, go away. I don't need you here," she grunts and sniffed.

He was frustrated, but he wouldn't pour gasoline into a burning flame. So what he did was to take off his shoes and lay down on her bed.

"That's not funny!" She yells but Jacob didn't listen.

He just laid there beside her. "I'm tired because of the game. If you want to be that way then go ahead."

Merida knew this guy's stubbornness so she let him be. She acted as if he wasn't there. She laid down boasting every motion she makes and faces the other way. A small gap was between them.

Jacob was never used to having a shirt on when he sleeps so he got up and took off his shirt. He glanced at Merida and smiled. What an attitude she's throwing him. He laid down and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Merida tensed with just that action from Jacob. What is this guy doing? If he continues to be like this she won't be able to run away from him, she thought.

Jacob moved, closing the gap between them. Merida could feel him breathing against her.

"I'm sorry. I should've checked on you and went straight here. Your headache must be really bad."

Merida frowned. Headache? What was he talking about?

"What do you mean a headache?"

"Your friend Lisa told me you had a headache that's why you couldn't come. She told me you guys would go together but she ended up being there without you."

Merida was confused for a moment. Then she gets it. It was a setup. No wonder the voices seemed familiar. It was Lisa and Candice's voice together with their mean friends. It made her shed more tears.

I got excited that I created reasons for Lisa, she thought, wiping her tears away.

Merida wanted to say sorry to Jacob for acting up. She turned to face him but then her eyes widened when he was shirtless. "What—where the hell is your shirt?"

Jacob chuckled and moved to look at Merida's red face. He saw some drop of tears and he wiped it off. "I don't like sleeping with a shirt on. Just like how you're not okay with a bra on."

Merida's face was redder than before. She accidentally kicks him off the bed and wrapped herself up with the blanket. She's so embarrassed!

He chuckled at how cute she acted all embarrassed.

When Merida stopped tossing and turning, he laid down again. She faced him all wrapped up with her blanket.

Jacob stared at Merida and he focused on that pouted lips of her. He knows he shouldn't do it. He knows he should act romantic but when it's tempting; he just want to take a bite and know how it tastes. He couldn't help himself and kissed Merida.

At first, Merida was super shocked and then she panicked because she doesn't know how to kiss. And when Jacob's lips started moving, she just had to close her eyes and feel his lips on hers.

It tastes too good for Jacob to stop. He wanted more. He slipped his tongue inside her mouth, savouring such indulging taste. He didn't even realize that his hands were roaming.

Merida loved what he was doing but when his hands started roaming and into her shirt she pushed him away.

"Ish! I'm sorry I—uhh went too far," Jacob apologized for his hands.

Merida was burning in embarrassment. Why did it happen so fast? She couldn't even realize what she was doing.

When Merida didn't answer, Jacob pulled her close and kissed her forehead. "I should've told you I love you before kissing you."

And again Merida was surprised.

Does he really love me?