Chapter 11

R Y A N

        HOLDING my breathe, heart beating fast, I suddenly have the urge to admit my feelings towards Nate. Maybe it's just the fantasy of the sex dream I had recently, or a stupid crush I never knew I had, but honestly Nate, is everything I could want in a partner. Even Nico is everything I would want, but Nate and I, I guess make more sense.
All of those nights I felt like rubbish after being beaten up, Nate was the one who comforted me, he was the one who made me feel better and watch any movie I wanted - even if it was the most girliest film ever like Dirty Dancing or Mannequin. He would eat junk food with me and go on long drives just to get away with me. Nate was boyfriend material and I do... I think I do actually like him like that.

"Am I really admitting this?" I think.

"Last guess, remember what what I said."

"Na..." I start to say, but I'm scared to finish his name. I try again, opening and closing my mouth to speak, but there's nothing. No words.

"One word Ryan, Nate.... N....AAAATE. It's not hard, just say it," my mind tells me.

I try again, my mouth opening and closing like a fish. Taking a deep breath I finally answer him, "Na... N-Nick Jonas?" I stammer, chickening out at the last minute. I hear him sigh lowly and feel the disappointment in his body as he relaxes his breathe. He lets go, placing both of his hands on my hips, encouraging me to turn and face him.

"You guessed wrong," he says when I turn around. He has a smile on his face, the corner tipped up a little, but his eyes tell me something else. Disappointment? Frustrated?

"I'm not wrong, you're just not who I said you was," I manage to say playfully, encouraging him to smile wider.

He's wearing black jeans with a crisp white t-shirt, his sleeves are black and the neckline is cut into a V showing off his tanned skin underneath. I blush at how good he looks and stare at him in wonder. I watch as he takes every inch of my appearance in, stopping briefly on my exposed bra through the mesh body suit I'm wearing. Two years ago I never would of wore an outfit like this, definitely not in public. It's definitely more revealing than he's use to seeing me in. He quickly connects our eyes, giving me his devilish side grin, exposing only one of his dangerously cute dimples.

"You look beautiful... beautiful," he smiles with a wink.

"You always say that," I roll my eyes at him.

"Well I always mean it, you've blossomed into a beautiful young women Ryan, I wouldn't lie about that," he smiles and I turn my head cringing at his words. Bringing his lips close to me, I hear him whisper, "even when your blushing like crazy, that's when your most beautiful."

Looking down, my cheeks flamed even more from his compliments, I try to change the subject away from me and how beautiful he thinks I am. "So where's my prize?" I say holding out my hand.

"Oh no... you get the prize when you guess right, so far I'm winning and your losing, beautiful."

"But I knew it was you."

"How?" he smirks. I feel him using the pad of his thumb, drawing circles on the skin of my hand and I look down at our joined hands.

"When did he grab my hand?' I think.

I look up, his blue orbs penetrating my marble greens as his stare intensifies on me, he's looking at every inch of my face then focusing on my lips. He does this several times and I notice his body getting closer to me.