Chapter 14: Murderer

I opened the door of my apartment and stepped inside the dark and quiet hallway. After shutting the door I threw my bag in a corner and didn't even bother to turn on the lights while heading straight to my room and closing the heavy door behind me.

I leaned against it and exhaled. I just needed one thing right now and that was the box. With shaking hands I opened my drawer and pulled out the rosish box from the back of it. With shaking knees and a heavy breathing I headed towards my bed and slowly placed myself on it with the box inside my hands.
I gulped while looking at its form.

Did I knew the end when I bought it back then?

While my hands were still shaking and my heart racing I wiped the thick layered dust away and breathed out a last time before opening the box which I left untouched since back then. I placed the top next to the box and gulped when my eyes fell on all the things I shouldn't see right now.

Our first month anniversary
I caressed the writing on the brown crumbled paper and the dried rose petals next to it. A sad laugh escaped my lips while looking at the empty chocolate bar pack. A tear dropped on the crumbled paper in my shaking hands before I let it fall back inside the box.

6 months together
I looked at the next crumbled paper and the dried rosish petals placed next to it. I felt a flash of memories in front of my eyes while staring at the writing. The bench, the fountain, the park

A sob escaped my trembling lips while I placed the petals back inside the box. My eyes widened when I spotted a picture I should have burned a long time ago. My chest rose dangerously and with trembling fingers I pulled out the picture. I let out a painful whimper while looking at my ear to ear smile. My hair a little shorter than now, cascading down my shoulders. You standing right behind me while your sinful arms were around my innocent body, smiling widely while looking at my blushed face.

Without realizing another sob escaped my trembling lips. I quickly pressed my hand on my lips, afraid someone could hear me. The sun was shining upon us and happiness was written all over this picture. I looked slowly at your features but closed my eyes immediately.

I couldn't

I pressed the picture against my chest while the warm tears I hated the most started streaming down my cheeks. I bent my body down while pressing the picture on my chest as if expecting it to comfort me.

I started crying out loud while the darkness of my room and the darkness inside me grew and swallowed me completely. I grabbed my bed sheets while crying and whimpering in pain as the darkness started scratching my inners and opening the slowly healing wounds and making my inners bleed all over again.

Why does it still hurt so much? Why does the wounds still feel fresh even though all of this happened almost over a year ago?

Flashback

While laying on the Picknick blanket his arms around me and my face snuggled onto his chest he lowered his eyes. "Y/n?" He whispered, I glanced up while he pushed the strands of my hair out of my face.

"I am a man and I do have my needs too, why don't you just agree on sleeping with me? I mean we love each other, right so why not? We've been together for 6 months already and I can't wait any longer, I can't hold it back I mean look at you, laying next to me in all your beauty, my hands around your curves..how can I wait till marriage?"

I frown while listening to his words he easily let out. My heart sunk deeper when I saw how serious he was about all of this and how he gave me the fault for the needs he had. I sat up and looked confused at his annoyed face that resembled nothing like the boy I fell in love with.