Chapter Fifty Three

I knock on Flynn's door, hoping that he's here. The lights are on but I don't here him playing. He does come to the door, though. A surprised look is in his eyes.

"Um, Celia, hi. I thought you were going out with your cousins for the day," he says. I nod. He slides to the side and motions for me to come in. Sheet music is scattered throughout the room. It's on top of the piano, the bed, table, floor, everywhere. There are a few trails to walk through but the floor is mostly covered.

"We did go out but we found something that caused us to come back," I quickly explain. He nods and walks over to a small stack. He picks a paper up from the piano and adds it about half way through. Why is there sheet music everywhere?" I ask.

"Well, I knocked the bench over earlier and it all came out. So, I'm sorting it by song name," he quickly explains. I nod and watch as he takes another group of music and adds it to the back.

"Do you want some help?" I ask. He nods and points at the bed.

"Sure. Could you maybe start there?" he asks. I nod and walk over. I begin picking up sheet music. Most of it has little scribbled notes and you can tell where other notes have been erased. His name is on the top of 90 percent of them. When I come to A Thousand Years, I stop. It was the song that he played for me all those weeks ago.

"Flynn, do you remember the song you played for me?" I ask. He turns around from his spot, which is now at the table since he cleared the piano.

"Sure I do. Why do you ask?" he questions. I shrug and stare at it.

"You said you brought it here with you. Was it for Samantha?" I ask. He nods and walks over to the spot where I am on the bed.

"I did write it for her. I wrote a lot of songs like that for her. Most of them weren't very good and I should have thrown them out the second I heard she was married. But I didn't. I think I knew they would have some greater purpose later on," he says. I nod and pick up another paper, adding it mid stack.

"Have you wrote anything since you came to them palace? Anything about me?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"Let me see your papers," he says. I give it to him and he picks through them. He picks a song called Tee Shirt. He leads me over to the piano and sits me down. He places the music on the piano and sits down next to me. He begins with a beautiful melody and then I begin singing the words.

In the morning when you wake up
I like to believe you are thinking of me
And when the sun comes through your window
I like to believe you’ve been dreaming of me

Dreaming mmm mmm

I know
'cause I'd spend half this morning
Thinking about the t-shirt you sleep in

I should know
'cause I'd spend all the whole day
Listening to your message I’m keeping and never deleting

When I saw you,
Everyone knew
I liked the effect that you had on my eyes

But no one else heard
The weight of your words
Or felt the effect that they have on my mind

Falling mmm mmm

I know
'cause I'd spend half this morning
Thinking about the t-shirt you sleep in

I should know
'cause I'd spend all the whole day
Listening to your message I’m keeping and never deleting

He finishes off with another beautiful melody. I watch his face as he does so. It seems so peaceful. When he finishes, he looks over at me. Before he can say anything I throw my lips onto his. He doesn't hesitate to kiss me back. He puts his arms around my waist and I place mine around his neck. He moves his hands up to my hair, which is out of the ponytail from earlier. The kiss just feels right. Different from the kisses I've shared with the others.

And at this moment, I realize what the dream meant. I've been blocking my feelings. From my family. From Flynn. From me. This is the moment where I realize who I want to win.
And, well, boom! Update! I think the next chapter will keep you all on your feet... I might even be able to post it today... You'll like it. Please comment and vote. Your comments in the last chapter were priceless!

The song was Tee Shirt by Birdy. I know parts of it don't really match well with the story... so, sorry! I just really like the song. And it's from The Fault In Our Stars...

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.