Chapter 37 - Reunion

A Few Hours Later

You and Clem found another way out of train tunnel and have been wondering around in a forest for about a few hours. It was nighttime now, and you both recently got out of a herd that you had to cover yourselves with walker guts to get out.

Clementine: Hey, Y/N?

You stopped walking and see that Clementine was lacking behind.

Y/N: What's up? Are you okay?

Clementine: Yeah, I just want to rest for a second if that's fine?

Y/N: Yeah, that's fine.

You sit down up against a tree and Clementine lays next to you. She puts her down in your lap and stares up at you.

Clementine: You think Javi and the other's are okay?

Y/N: Dunno. This is New Frontier we're talking about. They probably just sent them on their way. 

Clementine: Probably. Which way are we headed after were done resting?

Y/N: Well, there is a road nearby. We could follow that.

Clementine: Sounds good.

You both then sat in silence for a few minutes. She then gets up and starts dusting herself off.

Y/N: We good?

Clementine: Yeah, let's go.

Y/N: Alright, maybe we could--

???: Batter up, fuckface!

You both stop in your tracks.

Y/N: Is that Javi? It sounded like him.

Clementine: I think so. Let's go find him.

You both ran until you come across the road. You see Javi on the ground as two walkers were crawling towards him. Clementine ran and grabbed his bat and proceed to beat both of their heads in. You walk up to them both as she hands the bat back to him.

Clementine: You should probably keep a better track of this.

You offer him a hand and he accepts it.

Y/N: I think we're even now. 

Javi: I thought you guys were getting out of here?

Y/N: That was the plan, until we got caught up in a herd. Had to cover ourselves in walker guts to get out.

Clementine: Then we heard you and decided to check it out and here we are.

Javi: Oh, well c'mon, we're heading to a factory nearby. Should be safe.

Y/N: What happened with Richmond? New Frontier kick you out, huh? No surprise there.

Javi: They didn't kick all of us out. Kate and Gabe are in there. With David.

Clementine: David? That asshole's still around?

Javi: Uh, yeah. This'll sound crazy, but he's my brother.

Y/N: No shit? Huh, what're the odds of that? Wait. David's not sending you to this factory, is he?

Javi: It's supposed to be safe.

You three caught up to Tripp and Jesus.

Tripp: Clem and Y/N. Good to see you both again.

Clementine: Javi, you can't trust David. We learned that the hard way.

Y/N: After what happened, we never wanted to need people again.

You pulled down your neck scarf.

Y/N: ...but we seriously had nowhere else to go. The New Frontier gave us this... brand and made us one of them. It... it was probably the biggest mistake we've ever made.

Clementine: They promised us that they will help him... But that was a goddamn lie!

Clementine told them the story about what happened in that camp. About what they did... to AJ. You gave her a hug as she cried into your shoulder.

Y/N: Ever since he was born... We thought he was finally the one.

Javi: The one?

Y/N: The one... who didn't... die. And what hurts even worse? He reached out to us and called our names as David was leading us out of the camp... those were his first words.

At this point you held Clementine tighter and she held you tighter. You then feel another two around you and see that Javi was hugging you both.

Clementine: He was our little goofball...

Javi pulled away, and soon you and Clem did the same.

Y/N: That's what we get... for trusting other people... once again. And that's why you shouldn't trust your brother.

You looked to your right and see a big factory in the distance.

Y/N: Is that the place?

Javi: Yeah, that's what he circled on the map.

Tripp: Our smelly friends are back.

You all ran to the factory and killed any walkers that got in your way. You all got inside and Javi closed the fence. Walker's started pushing against, so everyone, expect Javi, started holding it.

Y/N: You should find a way to get us into the factory, before more push against this!

Javi began to left us a gate, but it wouldn't budge.

Jesus: There's more of them coming.

Javi: Fuck! I can barely get it open! It's jammed or something!

Clementine: Maybe you can force it open?

Javi: We're gonna have to.

Y/N: No pressure or anything, but we don't have a lot of time here.

Javi: The door's locked!

More walkers push against the fence.

Jesus: Find something to force that gate open, it's our only chance! 

More walkers push on it.

Tripp: Pick up the pace, Javi!

He then finds a car jack and starting opening the gate that way. Jesus begins kills some of the walkers on the fence.

Jesus: It's not gonna hold much longer!

Javi: I got it! That's as far as it'll go!

You and Clem run and slide under the gate, Jesus then slides under it, and Tripp and Javi roll under it. Javi then kicks the jack out, causing the gate all the way.