Chapter 1

At the age of fourteen, Liana decided she would have a part-time job.

Biking to her job, she was a student and a part-time barista.

Why not a cashier, she had been asked once. Well, she remembered looking at national holidays, in which National coffee day was a day behind her birthday. Spurned on by that, she became a barista. Simple as that, was how she decided what her part-time job would be. 

Its white and red paint shining, the bike she took for transportation, slid to a stop as she got to a crosswalk.

Biking along, she was only a head of sky blue, in a sea of various colors.

Walking through the sidewalks, across the busy streets and stopping momentarily when waiting for her signal to walk, she soon made it to the cafe in which she worked at, walking her bike by then.

She took off her helmet.

Offering baked goods and a variety of drinks, the place she worked at was a hole-in-the-wall that was nearby a prestigious high school, Wellston, known for academics and its strength in students, the number one in the region.

Often when working, she would serve those same students while they were in uniform, despite it being after school by then.

After locking her bike in place, she went in and put her items in her locker, donning an apron. Finishing that, she went out to the counter.

Taking orders, taking payments, brewing and serving drinks, sometimes with a baked good to go along with it, she worked simply like that. Should she have trouble reaching items, she would float and grab what she required. Her thin use of her ability was such as that, only floating herself briefly, or items around her, if she wished.

A bell rung again; the signal that a customer came in.

She already saw them herself, however, through the glass door, and the counter being literally in front of the door and its glass windows that took up most of the walls.

Having served many customers, she knew this one as a regular, coming in at least once a week.

Sometimes in uniform, sometimes not, this curly-haired blond came into the store again. Instead of a single friend accompanying him, or being alone this time, he had come with two others.

One, a girl around her age, with pink hair and a soft face. The other, a tall male with bright, neon green hair, wearing the Wellston uniform she was familiar with.

They stood for a moment, the two companions looking up and trying to decide on what to order.

While those two stood, contemplating, the blond regular stepped forward and ordered his usual.

"One large coffee."

It was odd. Wait, was it? The two were familiar with each other by face, and she knew his order, and they knew each other's names. Him by her name tag, her by his name on his coffee sleeve. He was her first customer too, tipping her while she fumbled. But nothing went past that line of being customer and server.

"Would you like anything to go with it?" She smiled at him.

"No."

"Alright!"

Their exchanges always went as such. He would order. She would ask, and he would decline.

Then, the green-haired male swung his arm around his shoulder. "Heya, can I get two boba? One mango, one strawberry?"

She tapped a few buttons behind the register. "Anything else?"

"Yep. Your number, for my friend here." He winked.