1. Work and A LOT of coffee

It's a nice spring day. The birds are chirping, the sun is out and George is entangled in his duvet, sleeping peacefully. That is, until his phone went off, jerking him awake. George sits up in his bed, stretching his arms upwards while he stifles a yawn. 

His room isn't the tidiest. It's filled with different shades of blue - his favourite colour. George gets up and picks up his phone, walking to the kitchen and making himself a piece of toast. His mood improves when he realises that today was the last day of work for another week. Spring break is starting and George couldn't wait to relax and do whatever he pleased. 

He finishes eating his toast and rinses the plate, walking over to the bathroom and brushing his teeth as he keeps an eye on the time. He has to be at work in twenty minutes, which gives him time to get a coffee near his workplace. George quickly grabs his cat's food bowl, putting cat food in it and placing it on the kitchen floor.  When he's finished with everything, he walked out of his apartment, walking down four flights of stairs before leaving his apartment complex. 

George makes his way down the sidewalk, hands in his pockets whilst humming softly. He walks briskly, walking over a crosswalk and into a small coffee shop. He approaches the nice lady at the counter and orders a coffee, smiling as he feels the aroma of coffee wafting into his face. He thanks her and hands her the money, taking the coffee and leaving the shop, heading over to a much bigger building. 

George glances around, catching a glimpse of his two good friends, Lukas and Charlie. They wave and walk towards him, holding out a small packet and shaking it proudly. "Hey, George! We got doughnuts to celebrate!"

George grinned, tightening his grip on the coffee and making his way to the elevator, holding it open for his friends. Charlie, who was a bit shorter than George, walked in and pressed the 3rd button, pushing her short hair out of her face while watching Lukas, who on the contrary, was a head taller than George, his hair dark and messy, but it suited him. 

"Do you want to go out to dinner with us?" Charlie asked as the elevator started moving up, rising gradually. "Lukas and I wanted to grab dinner today and we could do with extra company."

George tried remembering whether or not he had something else planned, but shrugged at the end, sticking his hands into his pockets. "I should be free today," George began, whilst the elevator doors opened and a beefy but amiable man walked in, greeting the three politely. They greeted him back, "Sure. Where are you guys going anyways?"

The elevator let out a ping before resuming its journey up. "A new chinese restaurant opened not so long ago and we want to try it out," Lukas answered, shifting his weight from one leg to the other, "We could go right after we finish work."

The doors opened and the trio stepped out. "Sounds like a plan. I'm in," George agreed and waved as they parted ways, George walking into his office and sitting by his computer, greeting his co-workers and taking a sip of his coffee.

He leaned back on his chair and cracked his knuckles, causing his workmate, Natalie, to scrunch her nose in disgust, letting out an annoyed groan. Damien, who has been sitting across from them, laughed at Natalie, resulting in a cluster of laughs and chuckles from his co-workers. 

'Maybe this won't be such a long day after all,' George thought, smiling as he booted up his computer, typing away. 

George was right. The day went by pretty quickly. He sat through a few meetings and before he knew it, his co-workers were wishing each other a nice spring break and slowly leaving the building. George got up, joining them while he waited for Lukas and Charlie. 

"See you in a week, George," "Bye, George!" "Take care," his workmates said, some patting him sympathetically, others giving him short hugs. George finally spotted his friends. He waved back to his co-workers and walked towards them.

"I'm hungry," Lukas admitted as they walked to the elevator, stepping in and pressing the last button, moving down. "Do you think they'll have wasabi?" 

Charlie looked at Lukas with one eyebrow raised as the doors opened, a girl with long braided hair stepping in and nodding to them sweetly. They waved back. "Of course they'll have wasabi, or else I'm suing," she snorted, crossing her arms, "Wasabi is one of the best things known to man." 

George chuckled, turning to the elevator doors which moved open, letting out a small ping. It was nice and cool outside. Lukas led them to his car, a black 2016 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo, sitting in the parking lot. Lukas hopped in, Charlie sitting in the back and George in the passenger seat. He started the car and drove out, driving down the road, taking a turn to the left. 

They passed several buildings and restaurants until Lukas came to a halt, parking the car near the sidewalk and getting out, George and Charlie trailing behind him. The restaurant they were parked in front of looked very authentic and rather crowded. The three waddled in, sitting by an empty table and chatting contently while they ordered their food.